Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Guys,

I haven't been on in a while and wanted to report. When I first had my surgery I was close to 300 lbs May 2011. I was down to 192 lbs when I got pregnant late 2012. While pregnant I went back up to 250 lbs. After baby I was down to 230 lbs. While on maternity leave I gained an additonal 10 lbs eating crappy foods so by Dec. 2013 I was at 240 lbs. When the baby was 8 months old I realized I was no longer carrying fat from the pregnancy, it was the food I was eating.

I've been trying to get back on track. I started to watch my portions again and to stay on the healthier side about 3 months ago. I am currently 223 lbs and hope to continue losing. So that's 17 lbs lost in 3 months. I have stopped losing weight in the past month as I knew I would, but I am focused and want to get back to my 192 lbs by fall. I also added 25 minute workouts Mon - Thursday and 50 minute workouts on Fridays using Shawn-T videos at home.

I just want all of you to know that weight loss is hard and the sleeve definitely helped me get to 192 lbs, but it is not a permanent solution to healthy living. The change comes from you first and the sleeve is there to help ease the process. Good luck!

How are you managing to eat enough food to gain that weight? I thought the sleeve was really small?

@@MSanti Good for you for getting back on track! Welcome back and long time no see. Especially congrats on your baby! :)

How are you managing to eat enough food to gain that weight? I thought the sleeve was really small?

Sometimes it is not how much you eat but what you eat that causes you to gain weight. The sleeve is not a miracle cure...It is a tool to help you lose weight while you are figuring out what is going on in your head.....

If we do not fix our thinking then we will not succeed in WLS. That is just the way it is. If we think that we are safe when we lose all the excess weight we are in trouble. This is a journey that lasts the rest of your life. A different path to a healthy you forever....

@DarbiMolly: The sleeve is small but with time it does expand. At least it did for me. Don't misunderstand though, I still can't eat as much as I could before surgery but I can definitely eat a little bit more than I did during my first year after surgery. To give you an example: I can't eat a hero sandwich but I can eat half of a roll and maybe a couple of extra bites. They key is to take your time while eating and stop when you feel full. Also, you do have to be conscious of what you are putting in your mouth like RJ'S/beginning mentioned.

@LilmissDiva Irene: Thank you! Nice to see you are doing well! :)

I guess if you don't eat heslthy foods it creeps back on.