Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scars from lap band & a Tummy Tuck

Hello There,

So I have been at my goal weight for a while :) and am starting to think about a Tummy Tuck, just wanted to ask if anyone knows if there is anything that can be done about the scars left after lap band and sleeve revison surgery at the same time as the TT?

I TT would be a massive improvement for me but I think that I would probably still be left with at least 2 of the scars I have now and they might look even bigger if they are sterched down.

Has anyone experienced this?

I have a couple of consultations this week, so will of course ask the surgeons too.

My scars from the sleeve surgery are so tiny that they are barely noticeable. After my TT, they did not stretch out. They don't stretch the skin, just tighten it.

Thanks, sounds good.

A couple of my scars are quite big, especially the one that they took the port in and out of which is about 2 inches long and they are very noticable and not neat, I'm really unhappy with then any way, so just not sure what they would look like after a TT.

I'm sure the plastic surgeon could make them less noticeable. But they definitely won't look worse after TT, as I said, they don't stretch the skin :)

Same for me...they moved down but are nearly invisible not stretched.

I can let you know in a week. I had my lap band removed a few years ago. Sleeve was done February 2013. The port scar is the worse ! Two inches long and seems to run into my belly button, making my belly button look droopy. When I spoke to the surgeon, he thought it would be removed with the Tummy Tuck. I am having a tummy tuck and thigh lift next Tuesday I hope that scar will be removed as well as a few stretch marks. :)

Good luck Susan ! Let us know how everything goes!

I'm two days post op. Tummy Tuck is a breeze compared to my thigh lift. There was a lot of stuff removed from my buttocks. And in my case, my port scar is completely gone. I still have a few of the little scars at the top of my stomach , but those are very faint.

post-95204-0-97570900-1401370036_thumb.jpg

Here's my before. You can see how weird my belly button was with that port scar running into it.

Glad you are in good spirits and hopefully healing great! I will be in your shoes this time next month so I can only imagine the pain : ( hope you have a fast recovery and your butt stops hurting soon ; )

Thanks Susan and good luck with your recovery. Do you have much pain??

My port scar is unfortunately much higher, just under my ribs, my surgeon said it will move down with the Tummy Tuck but will still be there after.

I'm having my TT on July 2nd and then a breast lift in the autumn (he prefers to do them separately), at the same time as the breast lift he is going to re-do my port scar and make it neater.

I am so excited to be having my TT done in just 5 weeks time, really can't wait! :)

Breast lift will be the icing on the cake!

Looks like hopefully there may be plenty of action on this art of the forum soon!!! I'm hoping to see lots of before and after pics and hear everyone's recovery process!!!

I think separately is the way to go. The Tummy Tuck was as I expected after talking to others in my WL group, ouchy day one but I don't notice it much today. The pain in either site has not been above a three. I thought I wanted breast augmentation but this thigh lift has put me off surgery for a while. I wish you luck with both. I'm certain you won't be as concerned with your scar when it is surrounded by flat, taught belly.

My after pics will be at least a week away. I'm in compression pants until told otherwise by surgeon.

I'm going to start this process soon. I see my bariatric surgeon in July and will ask her for some references. I need my turkey neck fixed, the breasts, tummy, thighs...hell I need everything from the knees up tightened. Not sure of course what I can get done because of the cost and time off from work. I'm so unhappy with all this loose skin but I guess there's no way around it when you lose half your size. I'm just sorry I let myself get so big to begin with. Looking forward to hearing of your progress.

I think separately is the way to go. The Tummy Tuck was as I expected after talking to others in my WL group, ouchy day one but I don't notice it much today. The pain in either site has not been above a three. I thought I wanted breast augmentation but this thigh lift has put me off surgery for a while. I wish you luck with both. I'm certain you won't be as concerned with your scar when it is surrounded by flat, taught belly.

Did they suture your ab muscles back together as well? I'm worried that will make it even more painful! I'm very concerned with the amount of pain I will have after the operation and how long I will be unable to do for myself! I am scheduled for June 24th to have a TT along with seeing my ab muscles back together, a breast lift/breast augmentation under the muscle and arm lift... I'm excited to be getting a new body but scared to death of the recovery!!!