Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What fitness related EVENT are you training/preparing for?

Just curious what event fellow WLS patients may be planning on doing.

It could be a way to meet others at one of them. So what's on your upcoming "to do" list?

Event name?

Date?

Location?

Hope you get healthy fast @@swimbikerun (love that name!!)

I'm planning on doing a biathlon Memorial Day, weather permitting.

It'll be my first organized one of these, so I'm really looking forward to it!

Glik's Highland Biathlon

May 26th

Highland, Illinois

http://highlandbiathlon.itsyourrace.com/event.aspx?id=1757%20

Bobcat country run 5k-will be my first race:)

5/31/14

Erie, PA

Color run

8/9/14

Erie,PA

Hoping to do a few more 5k's this summer.

I, too, and just focusing on getting healthier right now and making it to boot camp 3x/week. But I'd really like to do our towns annual "Turkey Trot 5k" on Thanksgiving morning this year.

Be well…

Oh, and I do have two off-shore tuna fishing trips scheduled this year. One the first week in September, and the other the first week in October. I'm really looking forward to these, and I need to be good and strong to bring in those big fish!

Be well…

I have 8 more points MTB races to go and 3 or 4 more charity and or fun races this year.

Denise said:

(Oh, and I do have two off-shore tuna fishing trips scheduled this year. I need to be good and strong to bring in those big fish!

Be well…)

ummmmmmmmmm.......T-uuuuu-n- aaaaaa......... B)

Edited by Recycled

post-173933-0-27077800-1399912286_thumb.jpg Ummmmm.....mahi- mahi

note: 4 oz fillet.....21g Protein :D (not to mention the calories burned catching it.) B)

Edited by Recycled

Booty Boot Camp! Month long, starts in June in Denver, CO

Edited by SparkleCat

Thanks. :)

tuna - yes now I've seen some of those tuna and you need upper body and core for that. Start working out .

Climbing our local mountain on my favorite trail -- 4.5 miles to the top. Have not done this in many years! And I am starting to muse over the thought of the Camino trail, a pilgrimage across Spain. Wouldn't that be something?!! Also I would really like to do the bike trail from Munich to Vienna. Years ago I ordered the map through the Austrian tourist bureau -- we were pre-Google. Maybe it's not too late! Please note I have not biked in forever. But I want to. And I have Want Power (otherwise known as my band).

WHOO HOOO this is great! Love to hear people getting out and active. Good on everyone for trying something that fits your new sizes.

Ahh good topic!!

Did my first duathlon in April and below is what I am signed up for so far for the remainder of the year.

May 24th Running in Rock The Block 5k in Plano Tx. It is about 7 miles from the house so I am riding my bike to the event, running, then riding the bike back to the house.

June 21st Tour d Italia in Italy Texas. This is a 63 mile ride. I will likely do the 40 mile ride and not the full 63 this year.

August 10 running the Chris Brown Duathlon in Tulsa OK. This is 5k run 30K bike ride and another 5K run.

September 6th Foam Glow 5K Gran Prairie Tx

November 9th Bronda's Du Texas Motor Speedway 2 mile run 16 mile bike ride then 2 mile run.

Still trying to decide if I squeeze any others in between these. I think I need something in July like another long distance bike ride.

Edited by indecision