Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ladies, what do you consider your ideal dress size ?

Ideal dress size after a successful weight loss surgery  

325 members have voted

1. 1. What do you consider your ideal dress size after a successful weight loss surgery ?

• 16+

The ideal dress size for me at 5ft. 7in. would be a 12. I've never been this size before (it seems I skipped this size and went to a size 16 in my early teens). My ideal weight for my height is 150lbs and I am very optimistic that I will reach this goal within a year's time. Thanks to this site and all of the supportive feedback on what to expect and what not to I know that I am successfully transitioning to a lifetime of health and wellness. I'm three weeks post op and I've lost about 40lbs thus far.

I'm 5'4"

I'd be happy in an 8 (currently 12)

My goal is 6

I'd be thrilled if I got back to a 4 but not really pushing for that

I think a size 8 would be amazing. I am a woman's 12 now down from a 20.

I think any single digit dress size is success after WLS. I usually wear a 4 or 6 but up to an 8 depending on the brand and cut. For my frame (small) and height (5'4"), I would like to lose about 5 or so more pounds to land more consistently into a 4.

I will be comfortable being able to fit into 12-14's again. :rolleyes:

Wish it was 10 but shooting for 14

I'm 5'4 and have gone from a 22/24 to a 0/2 or an small to extra small depending on the cut and fabric. I LOVE being able to go to thrift stores and find amazing vintage dresses that actually fit. I went out with my family today to Celebrate Mother's Day early, since we have other things going on tomorrow and I wore a small from forever21. I also just bought a pair of walking shorts from Victoria Secrets in a size 0 and they fit. I thought I would faint when I tried them on. My plan was to put them up for after my plastics, but they fit NOW!!!! I'm not sure what size I will wear after plastics. It's a running joke in my family that I can shop in the kids section, not Jr's, but actual kids and I will look like an 8 year old after plastics.

I'm getting tattoo'd and the shop gives out t-shirts to clients, even the small was like a night shirt on me. I took the med (the design was bigger) and I'm going to chop it up and tie it down the back or sides. I want to advertise the amazing shop, but not ask them to order me an xs, since my artist is 6'7 he already calls me tiny or short stuff, I don't want to just toss gas on that flame. :) he jokes that he has burritos bigger than me for dinner.

My original goal was single digit sizes, but as the weight loss continued I adapted to my new body. I did go to a higher end store and worked with a personal shopped to help me with proper fit and sizing.

I have found there is a LOT of variation of size in misses clothing. When I was in womens clothes an 18w was an 18w pretty much the same no matter the store... now, I can wear anything from a 4 to an 8

American Eagle jeans in a size 8 look amazing on me now, and I am happy with that. My original goal was to get to 175 pounds, but I adjusted that when I hit that WAY faster than me or my doctors expected... moved my goal to be in the 130's somewhere and I'm now hovering in the mid 140's and I've been here for two months... at about a year I am thinking that this is where I will be naturally without trying to be concious of what I eat (because I'll admit- I eat what I want, when I want, just only a bite or two!) and I am ok with that. I would love to see the 130's but I had this surgery so I could live and love a normal life... and thats exactly what I have now. I eat with my family, go out to dine with friends, and unless you know me personally you probably wouldn't realize I've even had this surgery. Yes, I eat small portions, but I have figured out ways to not make it so obvious to everyone. I don't get sick hardly ever now (I did a LOT in the first 6 months) because I have learned what foods just don't sit well with me and I naturally avoid them. I love my post sleeve life, because I finally know what it is like to be normal.

Size 8-10 because I seem to lose weight in the abdominal area first always. My thighs are another story. It takes me about 40-50 lbs to comfortably drop a size. At 215 I'm about a size 14. I'm shooting for about a size 10 at 140 which is what I basically was in high school.

he jokes that he has burritos bigger than me for dinner.

That is hilarious!

I'm 5.71/2. I have room in size 4 dresses and pants thus I suppose I know wear a size 2. I suppose it's vanity sizing. My measurements are. 36-29-36 and I weighed 143 lbs this morning.

I still have some belly swelling after the panni surgery

Edited by vogue

10 now. Would like to be a 6 or 8. Thanks!

I can certainly live with being a size 12....Lower and I will feel too small I think. Since I am built with no shape straight up and down. I could live very happily in a 12. Now if all 12's were the same like in men's clothing...you know a size 40 is a size 40 where ever you go. But it depends on make and brand for women...I really dislike this gauntlet we have to go through to buy clothes that fit. But I digress. As I said I am 5'8" I could be happy in a 12. :)

I would like to feel comfortable in a sleeveless dress my dream would be a six but an 8