Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ladies, what do you consider your ideal dress size ?

Ideal dress size after a successful weight loss surgery  

325 members have voted

1. 1. What do you consider your ideal dress size after a successful weight loss surgery ?

• 16+

Would love to be an 8-10. Am at 14-16 down from 26-28 now, so I'm happy here too!

I think i would love to be 8-10, i am currently in a 12-14 (14's are too big & 12s are just a bit too tight) but if i got into a 6, its not like i wont be doing the happy dance... cause i totally will be... i just think 8-10 is a good range for me and my build...

I would love to be size 6-8. I reached 16 at some point, went down to 14 and now I am size 12. But for my height I should be a 2-4. So I would be happy at 6-8 or 2-4.

I'm 5'3" and i think my ideal would be a 4-6. I am currently at 18.

Dress size doesn't mean much without height. Kinda like goal weight. I like the lean look and at 5'6" I wear a size 6 or small in women's clothes from most stores. In pants, a 28.

Lynda

I used to be a 24, I am now a size 5. If three was an option I would have picked that (as I still wear juniors clothes). Its all about how your body wants to be though I guess. Even in high school I was 9 (for about 6 months after puberty then started gaining again), before high school I was over 200 pounds since about 11 years old. I never thought I could be in the size I am now and I am far from 'in shape' I need more hours in the gym to look like a size 5 out of clothes :) and I need a Tummy Tuck probably to even get to a size 3 as I have a lot of excess skin under my belly button.

I was wearing a size 20/22W (and squeezing into a tight sz 18). I'm not sure of my dress size but I am currently in a sz 10 jeans and for elastic skirts a medium and for regular button skirts, a sz 10/12.

In a perfect world where I don't have tons of loose skin (which may happen if i get any smaller) i would want to be a sz 6 or at the very smallest a sz 4. I have never been a size 6 or 4. Even in middle and high school I was an 8 or 10.

I am 5'7 but not very toned, so I still have a belly and curves.

As many have suggested, height and frame go hand-in-hand when it comes to an ideal dress size. I would love to fit comfortably in a size 6 for my 5'6" medium build frame. I'm currently an 8/10, having to go with the 10's at times because of my full thighs.

I think a size 8 would be great. Currently in a size 10 and I'm pretty comfortable there, but it would just be great to be in single digits. I am not sure I'll ever get there, but coming from a size 26, I'd say it's an improvement ;)

Ladies only please.....

I'm doing some quick research and would love some assistance from our gal members.

What do you consider your ideal dress size after a successful weight loss surgery ?

i do not go by numbers (although is nice to see the numbers getting smaller and smaller)

but my ideal size would be whatever number i am content at....and depending on the maker of the clothing item, it varies size wise..

i do not go by numbers (although is nice to see the numbers getting smaller and smaller) but my ideal size would be whatever number i am content at....and depending on the maker of the clothing item, it varies size wise..

This is a big point in clothes sizing. There are garments cut for curvier figures and the size says 6. If my sister in law tried that item on she would swim in it.

There are garments cut for slender figures and the size says 10 and it wouldn't make it past my left butt cheek.

The "ideal" size for me is not in the number but in the fit and the overall look and how I feel in a garment.

I'm a shorty but I am curvy always was, and always will be plus now :) even back in the day at 100 pounds I still needed clothes that fit an hour glass figure. Not always easy to find so you have to be willing to juggle "size" and taylor clothes to fit.

I started out at a size 22 - I recently bought a dress in a size 12!!!!! I was so happy and it fits (not too tight). However, I am in a size 14 pants still.

I would love to be a size 6. And to me the numbers do matter because that means success and that I'm getting smaller :)

My Success Habits Counselor has a saying about her size..."it's Nisa (her name) size"... mainly because she is bottom heavy and has to have a lot tailored...so she buys from Goodwill and has them tailored and is still ahead of the game...she cuts out the size tags, because that doesn't matter to her.

Being big boned and tall, a 12/14 would be more than "skinny" for me...coming from a 30/32 and now at a 18... so things are getting there...but anything smaller would mean I'd look like a skeleton with skin (like those exhibits...LOL) ... as long as I'm healthy, I'm happy... I will NEVER be a single digit wearer...not in the cards for me...this I know!

Just happy with who I am now...and looking forward to the future!

Edited by BigGirlPanties