Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guys, what do you consider your ideal pants size ?

Ideal pants size after a successful weight loss surgery  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What do you consider your ideal pants size after a successful weight loss surgery ?

• 30-32
    • 32-34
    • 34-36
    • 36-38
    • 38-40
    • 40-42
    • 42-44
    • 45+

Was at a 48 and down to a 30, I've lost too much weight though and would be much more comfortable in a 32.

I am at a 42. 36 would be awesome. Can't remember being a size 36. LOL

I just had to buy a bunch of new clothes. The 40 and 38 waist sizes no longer fit. I am down to 36 after 18 months......

I started at 46 or 44, depending on how tight I wanted the pants to be.

I still want to get to 34, where I was in college.

Amazing! When Alex asks for only men to reply, the ladies listen. :) From these optimistic posts, I should have held on to my 1980's vintage 501's and Jordache jeans. So if I used the previously mentioned formula, I should have a 33 inch waste. Gee, I don't remember being that size since Junior High School.

Sorry I just read guys only lol

Edited by agalindo17

By the time I got up to size 42, I learned to wear loose fitting jeans. It helped me avoid accidentally tearing and showing off my Joe Boxers. Kind of reminds me of the 1981 movie So Fine, in which Ryan O'Neil tears a pair of woman's pants and starts a bottomless pants craze. I too am looking forward to shopping for new clothes. If things progress properly, I'll run out of the mothballed clothes I kept for years in bins over the next six months.

I have been up to a 52, now I am in a 44 under the dunlop. I look forward to being able to wear my pants back up at my waist level and not on top of my hips. When I was in my best shape (right after basic training) I was at a 36 waist, though really a 35. The 36's were just a bit loose and 34's were a too snug. So for me ideally a size 36 would be ideal.

Not sure if I will ever get there, but I plan on at least a 38 at my waist. Right now where I used to wear my pants I'm looking at a 54. Just starting though and have not had surgery yet. :)

According to an article I read recently in Men's Health (see test #1) ( http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/3-simple-fitness-tests?cm_mmc=Facebook-_-MensHealth-_-Content-Fitness-_- ), the ideal waist size for a person is half their height. If I'm 68 inches tall, my ideal waist size would be 34.

That's great to know! I'm 5'6" (66") so my ideal waist is a 33 -- which is where I am right now (down from a 46-stretch). Unfortunately, In most slacks, size 33/29 is really hard to find, but 34 is too loose and 32 is kind of snug. Except in jeans, where a 32 is just right. And it's really amazing to wear size 32 jeans!! I almost want to go without a belt so people can see the size on the hip patch. B)

I was in a 52" pant at surgery and am currently in a 28"-30" depending on brand.

I was a 50 pre-surgery and I'm now a loose 36 where I want to stay. Amazing how much your body can change in only nine months!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm not sure I can put any stock in the half-height measurement... half my height is 36, and I could easily wear 36s when I was 250#. Then again, I have no ass, so that may factor...

I'm at a tight 42 right now; I'm thinking my goal might be at a 30-32 waist.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App