Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 months and rocking it out! from Michigan

Forgot to put where from. So there it is. Lol

High Five! I am almost six months out and rocking it out! I am from Michigan as well!!

Where abouts r u from. I live in west michigan on the lake.

I am from Lansing

Muskegon here. Cant wait to enjoy the lake this summer. Although i have alot more hanging out now. Lol

I can't wait to get to the lake this summer! I plan on doing a lot of traveling to the beach compared to last year. Only compliant I have with any bathing suits is I lost about 3 cup sizes so the one I have now looks odd on me lol but I cant wait to get into something smaller

Lol. Havent reall lost cup size but they now hang to my belly button. Lol i do some of my workouts at a local pool so already bought a new suit. Went from a 28 to a 18-20. I have two young teens so the beach will be a summer staple. Only live about 6 miles from the lake.

I am in between 22/24-18/20 I downloaded an app called boot camp challenge and have been religiously doing that every day and swimming. I was a size 28 almost outta that size when I began. So, I am hoping by the 28th of this month which is my sixth month check up I will break into the 280's by then. Crossing fingers. I am so jealous you live 6 miles from the lake lol

I cant wait for the lake to get aarm enough to go swimming. Been walking the beach a couple times a week. Great exercise but such a tease lol. Good luck on your goal. Dont remember if i said it but when it hit 299,i cried. I havent been there for about 15 years. I am currently 265 ajd hoping to be below 250 by my 6 month next month on the 25th. I gym it religiously and sometime twice a day if my friends hit me up to go even if i already went. They are being supportive and dont dare turn them down lol. Maybe at some point over the summer i can get you to come and spend some time at "my" lake. :) Did you say what your starting weight was if you dont mind? I hated my weight but dont mind saying it anymore. Dang proud of myself so doesnt bother me anymore. Most people are impressed when i tell them. Good luck this.month. you can hit every goal you set if you put your mind to it. I'm rooting for you!!!!

When I started this journey I weighed in at 397 then the day before surgery I weighed in at 362. So overall I have lost 103 pounds but since surgery I have lose 68 so I am now 294. I cried as well when I saw 297 on the scale. Lately its been emotional for me. It really didn't hit me until I broke under 300. I haven't been under 300 since my freshman year in high school. I have always been a big girl and this is my second weight loss surgery. I had the lap band put in place in 2008 and failed it. So, I am bound and determined to achieve every goal I have with this surgery and use this tool to its full potential. I hated as well stating my weight but when became public with my surgery and weight loss I gained the confidence to actually say it. I am rooting for you too! Hopefully this summer I will come spend some time at the lake :)

So proud of you! You should be proud to say your weight, i sure am. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? My family in general on both myom amd dads side have struggled with weight. My dad has always been thinner but once my mom started having kids she has struggled with her weight as well as the rest of my brothers and sisters. I was always thinner when younger. I carry my weight pretty evenly aroumd my body so i can carry a little more weight and it not be noticeable. It wasnt til I got pregnant with my first child at 20 that my weight started ballooning. Over the next 23 yrs it just kept growing. I yoyo dieted for years. I would lose alot but then gain it all back. Eventually i got the mindset that this is just who i am. Then 2 years ago my husband left me and i went into a depressed state and then realized that if i am ever going to be happy and be there for my kids is to get this weight off so thats what i did. Now i am so grateful. I am doing things again i havent done in 15-20 yrs because of the crappy weight. My activity levels are through the roof. Now i look forward to actually using my bed for sleep and not just the place to be lazy. Just keep up the great work and look forward to hearing more about your journey.

Aww thank you, I am very proud of myself. I am 24 years old. My obesity has been a genetic factor and addicted to food. I come from a long line of addicts. My grandpa on my moms side he was severely obese weighing in at 500 pounds and his grandfather was the same. My mom had the gastric bypass a year earlier before I had the lap band put in place. But growing up I was always big, I cannot say I know what skinny clothes are because my normal is the plus size clothes. I cant wait to hear more about your journey as well!

On that note, you are going to love shopping off the normal racks. I am having the time of ky life! Although I am almost solely shopping at the goodwill right now cuz i am moving so fast through sizes but one type of clothing i have absolutely loved is the Danskin clothes at Walmart. I buy the semi fitted. They are huggers and keep evrything snug so all my loose stuff doesnt hang out. I buy the spandex feeling ones. Thats about all i buy new right now. Just wanted to give you a little heads up. Have fun

Sweet thank you! So far I buy only new because I had a horrible experience at goodwill and a few other consignment shops. They gave me bed bugs which I am very lucky fought off and they are gone but that's where they came from. So everything I buy goes directly in the wash no questions asked. I do love shopping at Debs for maxi skirts which I have found to LOVE! I am still in between a 22/24 and 18/20 so I think coming soon thats all going to change.

You both are doing great!

I'm getting my sleeve June 2.

I'm from Northern Michigan.

Glad to meet some fellow Michiganders!