Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Doctors in HEB, Fort Worth, Grapevine area?

Hello all....I am just starting the process in doing some research on local lap band docs. Was wondering if anyone had suggestions on doctors in the HEB, Grapevine/Southlake, Forth Worth area? Here are a few doctors I've done some research on; Dr. D Kim in Hurts, Dr. Robert Snow, and Dr. Philip Swanson in Southlake. Any feedback would be great!!

Guest Pinkbear63

Your choice of doctor usually depends on how you pay for your operation. If you are self pay then you have a wide variety of choices. I am a HMO Medicare Advantage insurance patient. I have certain doctors that are on my plan. You will need to find out who does lap band. Many doctors are not doing a band procedure anymore. I am having a vertical sleeve operation @ Baylor/Grapevine hospital with Philip H. Swanson. Make certain you use a Center of Excellence facility.

Hello! I was banded 5/6 with dr. Robert snow. My whole journey so far has been great. Staff at true results are wonderful and want success for u! I agree though I think it depends on insurance. I have aetna and haven't had to pay a dime so far. Good luck!!

I'm scheduled to be banded on Thursday with Dr. Snow, so far so good! The entire office is extremely nice and helpful throughout the process thus far.

I had the iBand with Dr Snow 7/24 so I am 6 days post op today. How are y'all doing so far?

I had the iBand with Dr Snow 7/24 so I am 6 days post op today. How are y'all doing so far?

Nursejess2010 I had the iBand and hernia repair the 24th with Dr. Snow as well! I'm feeling pretty good at this point. I still have some soreness in my left side, but that is just about it. How are you feeling??

I have terrible left shoulder pain when I am too hungry, when I try to burp, or when I try to take a deep breath in. I can control it with gas x chewables so far. My left side is sore and itchy but other than that I'm great! Already back to work. I lost 5lbs during pre op diet and 3lbs since surgery. How about you?

So I know they said don't remove the steri strips until they fall off... However my port site was burning so bad and I checked it yesterday and it was ready so I took off the strip and had immediate relief! I think the adhesive was irritating my skin. The incision looks great just the skin around it is red. It was much better this morning. No discomfort today. How are you feeling?

I have terrible left shoulder pain when I am too hungry, when I try to burp, or when I try to take a deep breath in. I can control it with gas x chewables so far. My left side is sore and itchy but other than that I'm great! Already back to work. I lost 5lbs during pre op diet and 3lbs since surgery. How about you?

I hear you about that shoulder pain! Mine will feel like it is right beneath my left shoulder blade. I was taking the gas x strips but they didn't seem to work as well as just moving and stretching my arms more. I have no idea how much I've lost. I'm not keeping up with it at all. I know it will come! Not to mention we are still swollen and gassy from surgery. I have been trying to walk more, that seems to help also.

So I know they said don't remove the steri strips until they fall off... However my port site was burning so bad and I checked it yesterday and it was ready so I took off the strip and had immediate relief! I think the adhesive was irritating my skin. The incision looks great just the skin around it is red. It was much better this morning. No discomfort today. How are you feeling?

I had the same problems with intense itching! It makes you crazy! Ice packs help! No discomfort other than that. I did a little grocery shopping today and was ok. I'm feeling good, I feel like I have energy and I want to get things done. It's a nice change :)

Get the chewable gas x cherry flavor. I get the cvs kind. They are stronger. I take two and they work like a charm. The strips did nothing for me!

Thanks for the tip! I will definitely try them.

I also had the iband by Dr. Snow 12/31/14. Love the bedside manner. Makes me laugh even though it still hurts!