Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Hi, I know that it seems ages away but my surgery is booked for June 1st (7 weeks tomorrow!!) and I just can't wait so I thought I'd start a June 2007 thread... anyone else out there due for surgery in June???

I started my pre-op diet (Optifast) last week... thought I'd try and lose as much as possible beforehand as I've kind of been doing the last super thing for most of this year! It's supprisingly OK... first 4 days were hell but hunger seems to have gone although I still struggle with the bordem (head hunger) a bit.

KT

being banded 1st June 2007 in New Zealand

Starting weight 101kg, BMI = 35

Current weight 97kg, BMI = 33.5 (after 10 days on Optifast)

Goal weight 65kg, BMI = 22

KT: 7 weeks isn't that long! I was pending for a long time myself and then when I got my date I was feeling like it would never happen...and now it is a mere two weeks away.. and I'm like Holy crap! :)

More will join you as the time gets closer just keep posting so that this thread stays on page one! :)

Thanks for the replies... Tracy, you must be so excited and Julie, you must be so pleased to be so well on your way to goal!

I guess I'm a bit early for any other June Bansters... but like you say 7 weeks will go quickly and hopefully there'll be more soon!

Optifast not going so well today, I decided to try the berry bar for lunch

and although it was OK to eat they just don't seem to be as filling as the chocolate bars or shake... or maybe I'm just feeling hungry as I've just cooked the kids a delicious looking fillet steak :hungry: .

Thanks KT. I was really excited this a.m. I lost 3 lbs so far this week and I hit another milestone of 230. I have 50 more lbs to lose to my stretch goal of 180. Hope this year goes by fast!

Hi everyone

Just thought I'd bump this up to see if any other June Bandsters are out there yet??

We have a 2 month waiting list (at least) after everything is approved where I come from in New Zealand... maybe other parts of the world are quicker at getting there surgeries done??

Cheers

KT

I will be banded June 6th and I'm all set to hurry up and wait!

Hi lo2us!

Another June bandster... how exciting! Do you have to do a pre-op diet?

I am getting a little nervous... still mostly excited but I must say the time seems to be flying by and I'm sure the next 4 weeks will whizz by too... my date is June 1st :clap2:

I'm a June bandster too. June 27. I have 8 weeks left from today. I don't know if I'll have a pro-op diet or not. I'll let you know.

Lynette:)

Hi Lynette

When I got my date it was 8.5 weeks until the surgery and I thought it was ages to wait... but it has actually been going very quickly... you'll be banded before you know it!

My official pre-op diet starts in 2 weeks but I have been trying to be good since I got my date... I must admit though I've had a few relapses into old eating habits... must try harder this week!!

Great to meet some more June bandsters :-)

Hi guys! I just scheduled my surgery today for June 7th!!!! I am so excited, I actually teared up on the drive home. I can't wait for it to begin. My doc put me on a high Protein pre-op diet, but wasn't really more specific than that.

Does anyone have to attend any classes/therapy before surgery?

I have 4 weeks (1 night a week) of group therapy to go to, and then the classes continue after surgery for a year or more for support after the surgery. I'm actually glad to have all the support.

Congrats to all of us for making it this far. Having the date is one of the most important steps.

Lynette:)

I have to attend one class and two group therapy sessions. I did the class already and it was very informative and worth attending. Group therapy has never really appealed to me, but I'm going with an open mind and who knows, maybe I will end up loving it.

I don't have to attend any classes/therapy. It's a fairly new procedure in the city I come from so I don't think they've set anything up like that yet. I am in constant contact with the nurse and dietician which has been most informative, and some of the previous bandsters get together for a coffee occassionally which is great.

Hi everyone! I thought the day would never come but here it is June 6th 2007! I am so excited I have been waiting forever for this. I bet you all are excited too to proceed with this life changing procedure :) How were some of your journeys getting to this point? Anyone want to share? As soon as I got my date today I wanted to get on this site and find the June 2007 thread and post! :) My brother who is doing this with me is having his surgery tomorrow. The time went by so fast for him and believe it or not he was not even hungry on the liquid diet losing 20 lbs! I hope I can do as well as him cause I get nausous when I am hungry. Does anyone else? what do you do for it? Well I look forward to getting to know you all, supporting each other and losing weight together!

Becky