Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all my over 65ers. Haven't seen any posts!!!

Guess we're all enjoying retirement, work and weight loss. I'm doing fine at 2.5 mo's. Loss is slow but that's ok. Feel good.

How is everyone else doing ?

My surgery is Monday, I'm not nervous ...yet I've been cleaning as if I was about to deliver!!!! Well it's fun to hear how everyone is doing. Sally are you out there? Ainda

Good Luck IKM w/your surgery. You'll do fine. Let us know how you do.

Today is 7 months. I've lost 52lbs, 60% of my excess weight. i have let the sleeve do the work so far, not restricting the types of food or exercising much. Not that spring looks like it's coming to Northern Michigan I hope to get out more. Yesterday there was ice in our bay.

I was 65 whenI had the surgery in 2012. Now I'm 67, below goal and almost 18 months out . blood work and checkup soon. Off meds for high blood pressure, cholesterol, effects of those meds, as well as Celebrex!!

Edited by carols5417

I am 68 years old...was sleeved on May5th. I have always had flabby looking arms and I am wondering if anyone is doing anything special to deal with saggy skin.

I'm 65 and was sleeved on May 21st. So far, I am doing great! I've lost 24 1/2 lbs. and feel terrific. The hardest part was sleeping in a chair for 8 days because I am a side sleeper, but I have been back in my bed for3 nights and it feels wonderful.

I am 67 and have flabby arms but my mom also had them and she was never over weight! We call them angel wings at Water aerobics. Will be curious what has helped people ,too.

I will be 69 in September...was sleeved May 5th. I am a breast cancer survivor and the results of the chemo, radiation, etc was osteopenia. The bones in my legs really hurt if I walked just getting groceries. I am very blessed and grateful to say...the pain started going away once I lost 20 lbs. I may not live to be an "old" person, but if I do I have made the attempt to make my bones last as long as I do. God bless you and your journey, NorthCoastLady

I think all of us "over 65ers" are realizing we're still have lots of life left in us! It's great to hear from everyone !

I'm 67, surgery was Feb and I'm so glad I had it. I feel really good. We might be getting older but with that we're getting better. What a difference the weight I've lost so far makes. Amazing.

I am 67. Had my surgery August 2013. I have hit a plateau a few months ago. I have not exercised much, so I am starting to exercise twice a week at the gym for 30 minutes and swim once a week for an hour. I had a terrible time trying to do the Protein shakes ... finally found I could drink the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored with almond milk and frozen fruit. I try to do it each morning & it gives me 21 grams of Protein to start the day off. I am so happy with my weight loss! I am off of the majority of my meds which makes me so happy!!

You guys are so inspiring. I'm almost through all my tests. Did the stress test today. Just have the psych eval left. I waiver back and forth if this is the right thing to do. I really appreciate your posts because it helps me through my doubts. I am 65 and only 4' 10" so the weight I'm carrying and have carried a very long time is crushing my future. I know that, but the fear keeps creeping in. Thanks for all your positive comments.