Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all, welcome welcome :)

Bee and Leanne I live in essendon but work in box hill so I'm happy to come out your way to catch up. I'm thinking when i can drive again so probably early July??

Day 2 is going ok. Ate my bar faster today- still took 30 minutes!! Big change from downing a choccie bar in a minute flat. I'm still tired today. Would love to be home and sleeping instead of work!

Sorry to hear you are going through a tough time. Leanne do have a councillor or psych you can see? Might help to chat it out. Thinking of you both.

Seems like some challenges ahead but we will be better for it. Such a big change and soon I'll know what your talking about xx

You will be soon enough! I'm going through greater eastern obesity with dr zeev duieb. For the 7 kilos I'm hoping to lose like 3 or 4 and then let the preop do the rest, even if it's a 5kg loss all up it should be good enough. I can't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure I'm 150cm tall, my bmi was 40 when I saw the surgeon last(I gained a kilo since I saw him haha the joys of life)

That's good ???? have u had all ur appointments? Yeah preopp diet is aweful bit it works lol hahaha don't worry about the weight u gain before ur preopp I was on a see food diet lol I ate everything in site lol then preopp lost pretty much all of it then some then surgery. So ate you booked in? When do u start preopp? How exciting!

Hi ladies I have been lurking reading all the post, I am wanting to get the sleeve done but waiting for my PHI to kick in that's jan 13th 2015 I thought I was covered but my cover was to low!! Dam it! Anyway I have a few questions I am currently weighting 90kgs I know it's not huge but it is to me and I am so sick of struggling with weight up and down all my life I am tired of the fighting now that I am 40 I am scared I will just keep getting bigger!! What are my chances you think will the surgeons laugh and turn me away? Also no idea who to go see as in surgeon any recommendations? I live in Essendon and work in the city tell me honestly girls am I crazy!

Hey Bella!

I think it depends on ur BMI. I don't think the surgeons will laugh at you. If u don't feel healthy and feel ur weight is going to escalate u have every right to seek professional help it's not the number on the scale that really matters I mean it does but doesn't u know 90 kg on me I look ok but I started at 137kg I'm 170cm tall and want to weight about 65-70ish. I went through lap surgery Australia and they were pretty good (except for when I got in trouble lol) you can always call them and ask them they are really friendly they are in boronia :) hope it helps ????

Hey all, welcome welcome :) Bee and Leanne I live in essendon but work in box hill so I'm happy to come out your way to catch up. I'm thinking when i can drive again so probably early July?? Day 2 is going ok. Ate my bar faster today- still took 30 minutes!! Big change from downing a choccie bar in a minute flat. I'm still tired today. Would love to be home and sleeping instead of work! Sorry to hear you are going through a tough time. Leanne do have a councillor or psych you can see? Might help to chat it out. Thinking of you both. Seems like some challenges ahead but we will be better for it. Such a big change and soon I'll know what your talking about xx

Hey Chez!

That sounds great! No proves for me!

Lol amazing what the body can do right? Good on you! Your doing so well!!! Have the Hangries hit yet? Not long to go now! So excited for u!!!!

Oh and don't forget to drink ur fibre u don't wanna get blocked up! Benefibre is pretty good no real taste I now mix it into my Water but u can put it into anything ????

Hey Bee!

Haven't got the hangries yet, just tired but I'm sure they will come. I did make this sign for my desk at work though lol

post-183549-0-79096100-1400560083_thumb.jpg

Got the benefibre going on. I have it in my morning shake. I'm also taking a multi Vitamin and one for hair and nails. Worried about losing my hair, have you had any issues with hair yet?

Thanks heaps I'm hoping the next 12.5 days fly.

Hi ladies I have been lurking reading all the post, I am wanting to get the sleeve done but waiting for my PHI to kick in that's jan 13th 2015 I thought I was covered but my cover was to low!! Dam it! Anyway I have a few questions I am currently weighting 90kgs I know it's not huge but it is to me and I am so sick of struggling with weight up and down all my life I am tired of the fighting now that I am 40 I am scared I will just keep getting bigger!! What are my chances you think will the surgeons laugh and turn me away? Also no idea who to go see as in surgeon any recommendations? I live in Essendon and work in the city tell me honestly girls am I crazy!

Hey Bella!

I think it depends on ur BMI. I don't think the surgeons will laugh at you. If u don't feel healthy and feel ur weight is going to escalate u have every right to seek professional help it's not the number on the scale that really matters I mean it does but doesn't u know 90 kg on me I look ok but I started at 137kg I'm 170cm tall and want to weight about 65-70ish. I went through lap surgery Australia and they were pretty good (except for when I got in trouble lol) you can always call them and ask them they are really friendly they are in boronia :) hope it helps dde0a

Hi Bee I am only 161cms. I feel so short and fat I was tiny after having my last baby I was down to 59kgs but that was from starving and running I keep it up for 2 years but got tired so it all piled on as soon as I stopped running 2 hours a day and eating again! :-( I am now out of control and have been trying everything nothing works and I just keep putting on more and more weight! Can anyone tell me out of pocket you were?

Hi Bella,

Chez here, I'm on my pre op diet at the moment so not long til I go in for my surgery.

I was out of pocket all up about $5000. That includes gap for operation, psych, dietician, X-rays, bloods, endocrinologist and surgeon appointments. Plus Vitamins etc. I am also staying at a hotel the night before the operation too.

Good luck with your choice. Feel free to ask any questions you like, no judgement here :)

I too am in Melbourne. I live over the other side of the city from you steveelea but as I am currently out of work I can meet people anytime. A bit about me.... I was sleeved in August 2013 and revised to RNY in March 2014. I have gone from 137.4 to 109.4 so far. Most of that has been this year. Sleeve did sweet f all for me...probably because it wasn't small enough. I stopped loosing weight 3 weeks post op with the sleeve and after confronting the surgeon in tears he ordered a CT which showed my stomach was normal sized. Grrr. I have gone from 22-24 down to an 18 :) Happy with that but I have been stalled for a few weeks now. All my own fault probably. For some reason I am craving Peanut Butter and nutella. I eat it on a spoon. Not good for weight loss but I just can't seem to stop myself from doing it :( Need a job to keep me busy so I can't eat all day lol

Hi nice to meet u! Sorry u had such a bad experience on the sleeve but glad to hear ur doing so much better now! Mmm I love Nutella but I can't really tolerate too sweet things at the moment but I know how it feels to dig ur spoon into that jar and it's so hard to stop lol u can do it ????

Hey Bee! Haven't got the hangries yet, just tired but I'm sure they will come. I did make this sign for my desk at work though lol Got the benefibre going on. I have it in my morning shake. I'm also taking a multi Vitamin and one for hair and nails. Worried about losing my hair, have you had any issues with hair yet? Thanks heaps I'm hoping the next 12.5 days fly.

Lol love ur sign Chez! Oh wow ur wonder woman doing amazingly!!!!! I have really thin hair so it is kinda coming out a bit more than usual I was taking hair skin and nails by swisse but it makes me feel sick but maybe that's from the Water I'll try again 2mrw with diluted apple juice I did not get all my fluids in today ???? what r u taking babe?

Hi Bee I am only 161cms. I feel so short and fat I was tiny after having my last baby I was down to 59kgs but that was from starving and running I keep it up for 2 years but got tired so it all piled on as soon as I stopped running 2 hours a day and eating again! :-( I am now out of control and have been trying everything nothing works and I just keep putting on more and more weight! Can anyone tell me out of pocket you were?

Hey Bella

I know the feeling Hun all too well! Def worth making an appointment all up I was out of pocket 6500 ish but that's with all my appointments and my hospital excess oh and u can pull money out from ur super for the surgery as it is a life threatening condition if that helps

Hi everyone

I am bella I am in Melbourne and would love to join this page if that's ok?

Hi Bellarose and Welcome to our Melbourne forum....lovely to have you here.

I too am in Melbourne. I live over the other side of the city from you steveelea but as I am currently out of work I can meet people anytime.

A bit about me.... I was sleeved in August 2013 and revised to RNY in March 2014. I have gone from 137.4 to 109.4 so far. Most of that has been this year. Sleeve did sweet f all for me...probably because it wasn't small enough. I stopped loosing weight 3 weeks post op with the sleeve and after confronting the surgeon in tears he ordered a CT which showed my stomach was normal sized. Grrr.

I have gone from 22-24 down to an 18 :)

Happy with that but I have been stalled for a few weeks now. All my own fault probably. For some reason I am craving Peanut Butter and nutella. I eat it on a spoon. Not good for weight loss but I just can't seem to stop myself from doing it :( Need a job to keep me busy so I can't eat all day lol

Hi Bookishfred....Welcome to the Melbourne forum!!

I am so sorry the Sleeve didn't work for you :( Who did your Sleeve??

At least you are getting results with bypass. What a lot you have been through you poor thing.

I was banded 4 years ago and have 5 ops in total with that before I got the sleeve so I feel your pain.

I also need to go back to work to keep me busy because being at home messes with your mind as you have too much time to think about food.

So glad you found us here and again , Welcome :D

Hey girls :) I'm from melbourne too!

I'm seeing my surgeon soon to book a date, I just have to lose a few kilos before I see him so I'm gonna make the appointment mid June so I can hopefully drop some kilos.

I just think it's crazy that some surgeons want you to lose weight, I mean the whole problem is that I can't lose weight otherwise I wouldn't be getting surgery!! I'm 100kg and have to lose 7 before the surgery. How much did you guys lose on the preop?

My PHI ticks over on the 22nd of July so hopefully I can be booked in for the 23rd :)

Hey Nerms....Welcome to the Melbourne Group :D

Did your surgeon ask you to lose weight first??

Don't worry, you will on pre-op diet. Most people lose 5kg minimum that I have heard.

Both times I have done it I have lost 10kg in the 2 weeks so you should be fine

Just ask him to book you in on or as close to the 23rd of July and you will have incentive to lose the weight :)

Hi ladies

I have been lurking reading all the post, I am wanting to get the sleeve done but waiting for my PHI to kick in that's jan 13th 2015 I thought I was covered but my cover was to low!! Dam it!

Anyway I have a few questions I am currently weighting 90kgs I know it's not huge but it is to me and I am so sick of struggling with weight up and down all my life I am tired of the fighting now that I am 40 I am scared I will just keep getting bigger!! What are my chances you think will the surgeons laugh and turn me away? Also no idea who to go see as in surgeon any recommendations? I live in Essendon and work in the city tell me honestly girls am I crazy!

Hey Bellarose you are not crazy lol

If you feel like you need something its worth looking into.

I am not sure they go on BMI so you would have to have a consult and ask someone about it.

I love Lap Surgery Australia but they are in Boronia and operate around this side of the city.

I know that there is a surgeon that will only do lapbands around the city area so if it's the sleeve your after, make sure you go to someone that does them too.

2 friends of mine needed to lose weight but not a massive amount, so they both opted for the lap band as it's able to be reversed but the sleeve isn't.

They have been successful with theirs but I wasn't so I can't give you much advice on the band, but it might be good to talk to a surgeon that will tell you all about the different surgeries and advise on which would be best for you personally.

Also do your research and find out what you think would suit you best.

I can help with a lot of questions about both the sleeve and the band if you have any that you would like to ask, but only from my personal experience and that of my friends that have had banding done

Chez may be able to tell you what surgeon she used as I think it was closer to the city???? Is that right Chez??