Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone out there have the sleeve done in SE Michigan? What doctor/hospital did you use and how was your experience? I'm looking at Henry Ford right now, but still in the beginning stages.....

Thanks!

Karen

Hi Karen i will be having my procedure in 19 days at Henry Ford with Dr. Carlin and everything has been excellent so far I would highly recommend him.

Hi Karen- I had mine done on the 21st by Dr. Michael Wood. His office is in madison heights and he performs the procedure at Harper downtown.

I had mine done April 17th by Dr. Krause at Beaumont, Royal Oak. It's been great.

Beaumont, Royal Oak is the only Level 1A bariatric center in MI. They are excellent.

I'm working with Dr Kharbutli out of Henry Ford hospital in Wyandotte. So far the program has been great (and fast) and everyone is very easy to work with. Right now, I'm playing the waiting game with my insurance, but if I'm approved, I'm scheduled for my sleeve on May 21st.

I had mine five days ago at Providence Hospital in Southfield with Dr. Katz the director of the program. He and his staff are fabulous. He has a NP named, Patty who meets you at your blood work up at the hospital and you feel so comfortable when you go into the hospital. The whole staff on 3 Annex where they put the bariatric patients are fabulous!

I am a patient at U of M and my PCP wanted me to attend three different seminars/hospitals to glean all the information I could before she would sign off. I liked Providence because I got to meet Dr. Katz right away and they have an insurance girl who got me approved while I was seeing him! I go to their Providence Park office in Novi. I have had the best experience under the circumstances possible.

The Dr. also gave me his personal cell phone number post surgery and called me the day after I came home. Very personable and impressive.

My doctor is Dr.Kole at St.John Providence in Madison Heights. I am having my surgery June 2nd. Everything about St.Johns Providence is great! They are super helpful and always make sure everything is right on track. I got insurance approvec super quick, they were on top of it all. Although I haven't had my surgery yet, I highly recommend St.Johns Providence with Dr.Kole or Dr.Katz. They are both wonderful!

Yeah I am so excited! I started the liquid diet yesterday and that hasn't been fun. I also had my pre screening testing done today. I'm nervous but I know it's for the best! You had your surgery a few days ago? How are you feeling so far?

@MelissaW214 Dr. Wood is my surgeon. I have been looking for his patients to inquire of anyone has had complications.

Metro Detroiters:

Hello, I have 2-3 bags worth of office casual clothes. All women's size 3X (or comparable).

Free to good home, porch pick up in Royal Oak, Michigan. Please private message me.