Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a few days shy of 2 months and no weightloss in weeks..

I am 3 days short of 2 months post op and I have only lost 28 lbs, I had lost 30 lbs but now I have gained 2 lbs. I am exhausted with trying to eat right only to have no weight loss in a month and to gain 2 lbs. I don't know what to do. It is frustrating. All I can do is all I can do.Was anyone else a slower loser and actually picked up and lost a few lbs? I am not going to give up but I am frustrated. I barely get on the scale but when I do I expect at least a pound gone. Does anyone know at what stages are the stalls prominent? Thanks

You are doing Great... 30lbs is something to be proud of!!!

Are you keeping track of what you actually put in your mouth? you might be surprised by your carb & fat intake if you are not keeping track. Make sure you are eating Protein first & you are getting all your Water in... & make sure you are walking or doing some kind of excersice every day.

Try to do 3 days of just Protein shakes... it could jump start you back into losing weight...

But dont beat your self up, everyone goes through these types of stalls. I did at 6 weeks - ugh it was awful... and gained 5lbs i wasnt even eating that much food. but it too passed... I dont get my period any more - but even though i dont, my body still goes through the cycle as in weight gain etc... and i never knew this till after surgery... so i know come the 20th to the 30th... I STAY OFF THE scale -

Good luck to you!! Keep your chin up, you didnt gain the weight over night, its not going to come off that way either :)

Edited by skinnygirlwithin

I would say you are doing GREAT..... I'm over two months out and have only lost about 18lbs.... It is so hard... I stated my Day with a Large shake today... It took me two hours of the morning to Drink it... but with 25grams of Protein powder...plus the Protein in the Milk, It was a GOOD START to the Day... Good Luck my Friend.. JewelJ

Hi,

I am 6 weeks post op and hit my stall not long ago. It happened to occur with the introduction of some real food and not just Protein shakes and Water. I am pretty sure that it involves sodium and Water retention though I am not doctor and after my body lost fat but gained water weight I balanced out and started losing again.

Monitor your salt/sodium intake for a week and see how that works for you and keep us posted.

Best of luck next week!

Same here I'm tired of chicken broth, popsicles, Water, diet juice 15 grams of sugar or less and coffee with no cream.

I've only lost 10lbs since March 31, 2014 which was my surgery date. I am sooooooooo disappointed according to their scale and 22lbs according to my scale. Not what I was expecting. I see my doctor again on May 1, 2014, even though the last time I saw him all he said was stick to the diet. I'm like what?????? I hoping that my weight lost will get greater later~sooner than later~~~~~~Not to mention they want me to eat nothing but chicken broth, popsicles, Water, diet juice 15 grams of sugar or less and coffee with no cream until May 13, 2014. Then I can start puree and soft foods.

Edited by 071

Thank you guys, I hate to whine and I am not usually a whiner but my biggest deal is gaining and losing the same lbs. It is frustrating when you are doing all you know to do. I have to eat my Protein because this diva sleeve I have will not let me drink them, I drank them post op but I will heave and vomit if I try and drink them now and this puts me at a disadvantage not being able to drink them and add to my protein like everybody else does. I try so hard with the protein. I buy mostly all high protein foods and I track my foods in fat secret.com. I look at other peoples photos and I think to myself I wonder if i can ever get there we they are in the future especially gaining and losing the same weight. I am not giving up but just frustrated. I am sorry for those who feel as I do. I know we will succeed. Thanks again.

I am in the same position, just shy of 2 months but the scale is not moving for the last 2 weeks BUT my cloths sure are hanging differently. I want to see that scale move again. Maybe I will also try the liquid diet for a day or 2...Good luck

I hate to say this, as I am a 'scale watcher' but try not to put all the emphasis on the numbers that the pesky scale reads to you. This is not the only way to measure success.

I agree with Griffan, look at how your clothes fit too - and if you haven't done already, take measurements... they are a good indication of you reducing your body mass and will probably change even when the scale doesn't!

I am nearly 4 years out now and still not at surgeon's goal - albeit just pounds away! Does that mean I am not a success? Does that mean, that just because the scale doesn't read a certain number then I have failed? Urm, hell no! I have improved the quality and longevity of my life ten fold... and I consider that a huge success and a big two fingers to the number on the scale. I have gone from a UK 24 - UK 12 in that time and I am often told that I 'do not' look my weight! I am also told that I shouldn't lose any more... even though my BMI is still overweight.

I have encounter many many long and painful stalls; the longest being nearly two years in duration but I still went down a dress size in that time. I am currently in another one - 6 mths since my scale has moved. I continue to 'tick the right boxes' but my body will do what it wants when it wants. I am also in the throws of early menopause, and I think the hormone imbalance has something to do with it too - but I am no doctor and this is just my 'feelings' on the matter - I might be wrong?

Sorry for the long reply, but I just wanted you guys to know that you are doing nothing WRONG! Just go with your surgeon's post op recommendations/plan and stick with it. This is a commitment for life - a permanent solution that will help you get healthy, and that means happy!

Stay with it, trust yourself and your intuition and you'll see yourself get healthy. Good luck!

Thank you so much, I understand. I am just gonna keep chugging along .

riisey, just keep on keeping on. We all have stalls and I seem to have a lot of them. I quit worrying about the scale because I know my body is making a lot of changes that the scales don't show. I stepped on the scale this morning and lo and behold...I'd lost 5 pounds. I hadn't lost anything for a month before that. Your body is making all kinds of changes and you are losing inches that you can't see right now. The sleeve will work and you will become thinner so don't focus so strongly on that scale right now. Follow the plan and you will be winner by being a loser. Good luck to you.

I am still struggling. I count Protein... try to get all the Water in. I have started ACUPUNCTURE for depression, and arthritis pain. hoping it will help me move more.. When I had Surgery I was 267lbs.. I'm now 249lbs. I thought for sure I would be down 30lbs by now. It is hard taking care of my husband with Alzheimers.. everything is my Job.. That is why I started the Acupuncture. I will next start Thi'chi. I did do it once 5yrs ago and loved it. I will keep pluging alone.. and try different things. Be well my friends. and Good luck to all of you...JewelJ

The word stall should be banned here because it is used over and over and over. You can and research hundreds of posts here and be prepared that the scale will not move. The scale is in my kitchen and I do not get on it. I could tell early on that even though the scale did not move I was losing inches. The weight we added won't fall off overnight. But the big picture is that 5-8 months out you will be super happy with your progress. Follow your plan, and 071, we all got tired of the things you mention. The plus side is that before you know it this trivial stuff will be history so keep according to plan and the big picture will have you smiling and happy!