Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went by week 5 on Wednesday... Tuesday night I had an episode of eating "supper" (two ounces) and then an hour later drinking milk. Guess the two did not want to occupy my pouch at the same time, so they vacated... yucky, but no big deal.

My question to all you out there.. I am having a problem eating and drinking like I should. Yesterday I had about 3/4 rice krispies with 1/2 cup milk for Breakfast... then the rest of the day, I had 2 ounces greek yogurt, one string cheese, and a piece of wheat bread with smooth Peanut Butter on it. I had about 28 ounces Fluid... I know I am not near what I should be at for calories/protein/fluids... I just cant seem to get any more in...

Is this normal for five weeks out? I have a friend who had the sleeve in December and she said I am eating waaay to much. That I cannot believe...

I am 5 weeks out from Wednesday as well. I use SparkPeople to track my food to ensure that I am getting enough Protein. I actually said 'wow' on the rice krispies/wheat bread and somewhat the Peanut Butter because my doctor doesn't want me to eat high carb anything. The Peanut Butter is ok if it is all natural but only 1 tablespoon. I believe you are loading up on carbs instead of Protein and we should be eating protein first at each meal. I hope you find your right solution!

I went by week 5 on Wednesday... Tuesday night I had an episode of eating "supper" (two ounces) and then an hour later drinking milk. Guess the two did not want to occupy my pouch at the same time, so they vacated... yucky, but no big deal.

My question to all you out there.. I am having a problem eating and drinking like I should. Yesterday I had about 3/4 rice krispies with 1/2 cup milk for breakfast... then the rest of the day, I had 2 ounces greek yogurt, one string cheese, and a piece of wheat bread with smooth peanut butter on it. I had about 28 ounces Fluid... I know I am not near what I should be at for calories/protein/fluids... I just cant seem to get any more in...

Is this normal for five weeks out? I have a friend who had the sleeve in December and she said I am eating waaay to much. That I cannot believe...

I would suggest rethinking the quality of the food you are putting into your body. Protein first should be the rule, not the exception at every meal. I don't plan on ever eating Cereal again post sleeve. Nutrition wise, you're better off having a egg, protein shake., or other high protein option.

I agree. The food you are eating is filling you up without providing much nutrition. I am 5 weeks out yesterday, here is a sample of what I eat in a day...I am not perfect, just throwing out ideas.

Breakfast: premier Protein shake (30 G protein) or Dannon light n fit greek yogurt (12 G protein). On occasion I've had 1/3 serving of malt o meal with a dab of yogurt and teaspoon of truvia mixed in. Doesn't provide much, but if I'm sick of the other two this is what I've had.

Morning snack: if I've had a shake for Breakfast I'll have a Greek yogurt and vice versa

Lunch: 1 oz albacore tuna mixed with a little mayo or plain Greek yogurt, sometimes sprinkle a little ranch powder for a diff flavor, sometimes with 2 crackers or few bites of soft fruit.< /p>

Pm snack: cheese stick, 1/4 c cottage cheese or chike Protein iced coffee

Dinner: little bit of whatever I cooked. Last night, 1 oz salmon and 1 piece steamed cauliflower. Salmon was a little too dry for my tummy so I added a spoon of Greek yogurt on top and sprinkled with Parmesan

snack (if needed): sugar free Popsicle, Greek yogurt or cottage cheese

I am slowly incorporating more real foods and trying for less shakes and soft foods, but obviously that's a slow process. My main goal is to hit 75 G protein a day which I almost always do. I log every thing I eat because I'm not great at estimating intake. I'm currently hitting 600-700 calories a day which my nut thinks is good but she'd really like me tone at least to 800 with a long term goal of 1100-1300. Hope this helps.

are you not starting the day with a Protein Shake or meal? what is your post op eating plan like? cereal and bread were def not on my list of stuff to have at 5 weeks and even now, not unless i have my Protein in.

I have some Protein drinks that are not shakes,they are packets that get added to Water and taste like flavored water stuff....they are 15 grams per 8 oz. I drink that throughout the day. I try to get in a little milk each day for the 8 grams of Protein in there. I usually have cream of wheat for breakfast--1/4 cup. I cannot eat a whole greek yogurt in one sitting--that takes two sittings. I usually have cheese for lunch. Then the other part of the yogurt later in the day. That is about it.

On the meal plan I have, I can have a pc of toast.... in fact, it suggests some kind of carb one time a day. I was told not to cut out carbs all the way, something is bad about doing that too but I don't remember what off hand.

What I am trying to say is that I cannot seem to get the three meals and two Snacks in per day, with the fluids. I am wondering how long it is before I am able to do that. I am afraid I am not getting in enough of anything.

Today I had cream of wheat...then yogurt...some chicken broth with extra protein...and a few bites of grilled chicken breast for supper.... that is it again..... and I have only been able to drink like 20 ounces... I am full and dont want to try to drink anything, even tho I ate the three bites of chicken breast (one ounce) over an hour ago

again i think you are filling up on stuff that isnt giving you any of the much needed Protein. but you should talk to your nut or doc. instead of starting the day with carbs, start with a 1/2 yogurt or an egg. if you eat a fruit flavored yogurt, there are plenty of carbs in there. you dont need toast or cereal. cheese is ggod for the dairy/calcium but lower in protein than say a piece of deli turkey. if you find you cant get much in, then you want t eat the highest protein foods you can tolerate... deli turkey, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, eggs, Beans. carbs dont have to be from cream of wheat or toast... you can get carbs from a piece of fruit, honey in tea, beans... etc. beans can be a great choice because you can get protein, carbs and Fiber all in one food. i would suggest you maybe discuss your food choices with your nut an get a better feel for higher protein intake. (dont forget to track just how many grams of protein you are getting each day)

On my diet at five weeks out, toast, crackers, Pasta, and cereal are on my list. Maybe it's six weeks but I know it's there.