Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello All,

I will be having surgery June 13th in Juarez through BeLiteWeight. I am very nervous as I have never had a major surgery in my adult life. Minus the fact my primary care doctor is not supportive of my idea, I recently found out I was anemic. I am trying to get my hemoglobin level up before surgery its at 11 and normal would be 12. I live in Charlotte, NC and would love to have a buddy if possible. My surgeon is Dr. Rodriguez. What are your thoughts regarding surgery and experience with my selected surgeon?

I had surgery just last Friday with Dr. Rodriquez in Juarez. You are in great hands. I have had a pretty good recovery aside from deciding to returning to return to work today. I think it was a little early, but my fault. Today wasn't too bad, I'm just sore and tired. I arrived at the hospital the day before the surgery. They had my tests then got to go across the street for some lunch and shopping. The day of the surgery felt like a lot of waiting. Surgery was done then it was recovery time. Just make sure that you follow orders, lots of walking and do your breathing exercises. Just don;t overdo it. You'll do great.

I am scheduled June 13th with Dr. Alvarez!

I am scheduled June 13th with Dr. Alvarez!

I'm May 12 with him, I'll let you know how it goes!

Thank you soooo much to everyone that replied. I will definitely be in Juarez June 12th to have surgery June 13th with Dr. Rodriguez. Thank you Lilly for easing my nerves regarding surgery Dr. Rodriguez, I haven't seen any post on here about him lately. Anyway, June 13th is my day guys, I will definitely keep everyone updated. Please also feel free to give any packing advice for the trip that you may have. What items do you feel would be a must have for the trip.

Thanks,

Cherie

Hey all,

I have my gastric sleeve surgery sceduled for june 2nd. I'm so excited! It will be here in Idaho. Hope to hear from the group.

<p>I had surgery in Tijuana, so I don't know your surgeon. I just wanted to wish you good luck and say that I had an excellent experience in Mexico. I had had a number of surgeries over the years, but had never been out of the US, and certainly not for surgery. I can honestly say that there are a number of great surgeons in MX. My doctor had excellent credentials, training, and one of the most pleasant individuals that I have ever met. Mexico surgeons get a lot of flack because people assume a lower cost must mean a lower quality. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I appreciate what they do. My surgeon, and I am sure there are others out there as well, wasn't at all in it for the money, he genuinely cared about helping people with obesity issues. On the day of my surgery one lady didn't have a medical clearance from her cardiologist for surgery, so she was sent to have test ran to make sure she was fit for surgery. Unfortunately, they said that her heart would not take being put under, and they couldn't do the surgery. She was heartbroken and felt like the surgery was her last chance (she was over 430lbs). I felt so bad for her, she was a sweet sweet woman. But what really got me was that the doctor took the time to sit and talk with her, explain her options, and make arrangements for her stay until her flight. They gave her a refund and told her that they would be glad to perform her surgery when her cardiologist felt it was safe to do so, and that they would pay for her flight back down when she was ready. Sorry for the long post, I just wanted you to know that even though you primary might not agree with your decision, many people go out of the US and get wonderful medical care. As long as you have done your research, and you feel confident in your decision, your opinion is what matters...and who knows, maybe you might make a believer out of your primary when you get back. I wish you the best, let us know how everything goes!</p>

What surgeon did you have if you don't mind my asking?

I am calling it my D Day!!!!! Lets "DO IT DAY". I wish you the best! Please keep in touch. I will be there along the way since we are scheduled same day just different doctors/city. I know we are going to succeed!!!!! We can "DO IT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi nessa,

Good to hear that Mexico has a good program. I'm new here I believe I posted in the wrong place. Just looking to talk with others having surgery in June. My surgery is going to be done by Dr. Oakley

Wishing you all well,

Jenn

Hey Kim,

Great attitude. I'm still a little scared lol@myself. But hopeful and excited. I've wanted to do this for a long time. Its hard to believe it's almost here.

You're going to do great,

Jenn

Awww!!! I hope so but I too am my biggest weakness! I have to constantly tell myself I can do this. I am ready for my new life because my old one is worn slap out!!!! Lol

I am scheduled in TJ with Dr. Sergio Quinones on Monday June 9th. Anyone else I could buddy with in TJ?

I am scheduled for June 16th with Dr. Almanza - HMN Hospital in TJ.

Pretty excited!