Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi...(new to this site here and need advice)

I'm 2 weeks post-op today. I have lost a total of 20 pounds, and that's including what I lost on the liquid diet a week b4 surgery! I haven't lost an ounce in about 4 days!!! This is so discouraging. I walk on my treadmill, and even set down and made myself a daily schedule/menu to follow. I get 600 calories, 20 grams of sugar, 30 carbs, and 76 grams of Protein, everyday...and still haven't lost another ounce!!! Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Why I'm not losing anything??? Any info would be GREATLY appreciated!

Hi,

I had my 2 week post op yesterday and I only have 12 pounds since surgery!! My doctor said there is not anything we are doing wrong. Our bodies are adjusting and we just had major surgery - it takes time. He also told me that I am only to get weighed when I see him because throughout this process there will be times that you have "stalls" or even slight gains and if I get weighed once a month - it will be a more positive experience rather then starting to obsess over the scale. He said it's about concentrating on my BMI and not the weight # but easier said then done :)

Hope this helps

Yea, don't rush it, everybody's body is different. I'm 23 days post, and I've hit a stall, but I just keep reading everyones posts on here, and it will leave when it's ready. Just keep doing what you have to do. Good luck!

Hi...(new to this site here and need advice)

I'm 2 weeks post-op today. I have lost a total of 20 pounds, and that's including what I lost on the liquid diet a week b4 surgery! I haven't lost an ounce in about 4 days!!! This is so discouraging. I walk on my treadmill, and even set down and made myself a daily schedule/menu to follow. I get 600 calories, 20 grams of sugar, 30 carbs, and 76 grams of Protein, everyday...and still haven't lost another ounce!!! Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Why I'm not losing anything??? Any info would be GREATLY appreciated!

I think that happens to everyone, but you will start feeling it, more energy loose fitting clothes. The weight will come off!

so discouraging

@@brandkrissy

you aren't doing anything wrong :)

that is probably why you are so frustrated!!!

maybe you have seen other people lose more weight in the time period you are dealing with???

two important rules i've learned from this board

1. Never Ever, Ever compare yourself with anyone else (progress, lbs etc)

people have been shot for less :wacko: :D

2. the one thing we have in common, is that we're all different!!!!! :wacko:

you haven't lost weight in 4 day???

get over it :D

thats ok - there might/will be other times when its more than 4 days

things will work out, really

keep doing exactly what you are doing

you didn't mention Water - but i'm sure you are drinking well too :)

take care, calm down ;)

take a chill pill :D

good luckk for the rest of your healthier, happier, longer life (who deserves it more?? ;) )

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

Wow! You sound just like me! In fact, I was so worried that I called the nutritionist and made an appointment to make sure I was doing everything right.

Your body is going to freak out after surgery and think it needs to retain everything. Eventually it will let go.

I know it's easy to say not to weigh yourself, but don't weigh yourself. Put the scale in your car. Give it to a friend. Better yet, smash it with a hammer. LOL!

Our surgeons focus on the weight and the BMI but those are NOT the only measurements of health. They're just the best ones they can use. We have so much more at our disposal! For example, how do your clothes feel? Are they looser? Can you cross your legs yet? Do you not gasp for breath when you climb up the stairs? These are what we call "NSVs" - non-scale victories.

Have a friend or family member measure you - your thigh circumference, your arms, your waist, your neck, etc. Then in a week measure again. GUARANTEED you'll see those go down. When you work out your body builds muscle which uses the fat for energy. Muscle weighs more than fat. So, you may be losing 5 pounds of fat but gaining 6 pounds of muscle. That's ok as long as the fat is going away. If you don't believe that, ask your butcher to give you 2 cuts of beef that look the same (same size) - one with a lot of fat, one without. Hold one in each hand. Guaranteed the cut of beef with less fat is heavier than the one with more fat.

Like Proudgrammy said, everyone is different. Keep in mind on this forum that people are not always honest (insert shocked face here). My starting weight, for example, is the weight I started out at when I started this journey with my lap band 5 years ago. So my weight lost isn't what I've lost since surgery. Although I input the information correctly on the system, that's not the way it's showing on my profile. I've hit plateaus - I'm in one right now. But, I'm keeping up with what I need to do. Eating right, exercising, etc. I feel fantastic. Am I still overweight? Sure. But I feel incredible. I'll never be 300 pounds again. Heck, I'll never be 265 pounds again. Will I stay at 258? Maybe - although I doubt it. I'm happy with what I've done. Don't know if my surgeon will be but whatever. I know that I'm more than a number on a scale.< /p>

Hang in there. You're doing great. Throw that rotten scale away. ;)

Thank you all for your replies/suggestions/advice...just gonna take it one day at a time...not weigh myself as often, and just do the best I can and be happy and enjoy every day that the Good Lord blesses me with ????

Edited by brandkrissy