Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you ladies doing for birth control? I've been pregnant twice and each time I had lost about 30-35 lbs. I'm fastly approaching that mark! Is there any one on the pill? Being heavy has always been my birth control!

I'm on Camila daily and have had no problems with weight gain or loss. (Although I was just banded last week on 4/18.)

I did have a concern about antibiotics weakening the strength of the pill. I'll be checking with my doc this week.

No problems swallowing graymittens?... @ Bandista...we are still toying with the idea of another. We have one right now..I miscarried the second..

Another later...in a year or so...maybe...sometimes I think it's a good idea and others I wonder if I've lost my mind!

I know what you mean! And so sorry about the miscarriage -- that can be very hard. We have an only child and love that mode but when he was a toddler we really wondered about another. I think we are wired for that -- all that baby love is so compelling we want to do it all over again. There's a book called "Maybe One" by Bill McKibben that examines this issue nicely. Meanwhile, wish I could help with your original post but that vasectomy took me happily out of birth control world and I'm not up on what's out there now. I never could do the pill, I have a young cousin whose hair fell out with the patch, I tried an IUD at one point and OMG, so I relied on a cervical cap. We need to demand better birth control -- safe and reliable. And equal pay while were at it!

Hiya delove---

I have no problem swallowing the Camila pill (also known as the mini pill-- I'm assuming because of its small size and lack of estrogen). You take it every day at the exact same time and there is no week of sugar pills like with the other pills. It is very small and goes down easy. I don't necessarily need to wash it down with Water either...it's that small. I've been taking it for almost 2 years now with no other problems, ie: weight gain, Hair loss, etc.

To get a good sense of what's best for you, check with your doc, but in the meantime, check out www.bedsider.org. There is tons of information on all the different kinds of birth control available on the market today. It also compares different types and can give you a better idea of which one may work best for you. They even have appointment reminders, refill of your medicine reminder, and daily reminders to take your medicine. You can use all of those things are only one of those things, whatever works best for you. I use their daily text reminders to make sure I take my pill at the same time every day. The reminders are usually facts about sex/birth control statistics and other random things, so just be mindful if you offend easy. But I like that they are using facts so I'm okay with that. (Even my co-worker uses the text birth control reminder the help him remember to take his heart meds daily, lol!!!) Message me if you have more questions!

My granddaughter is an only child and the only issue I can see is that she is a little spoiled in that she gets everything. And I mean everything. Her cousins are very close by so she has learned about sharing. Her parents don't spoil her (that's my job) and she's not a brat. They didn't choose to just have one...it just worked out that way. But she's doing just fine as far as I can tell.

I lost my mother March of 2013 and my father in Nov 2013. I have a brother and a sister. We are all pretty close and feel we are all each other has!(besides our spouses) this makes me think about my son, if something happened to us he would be all alone! I couldn't imagine having to go through both of those losses without my siblings. I know I can't safely carry another one until I'm at a healthy weight. I developed pre-eclampsia and delivered him 3 months early.

I'm going to ask my obgyn about the camila..she suggested the iud and the ring...not a fan of either..

I have the Mirena IUD and love it. Feel free to message me with questions.

I am have been on Aleese birth control for about a month now and have had no issues. I did have an IUD once and when they removed it is when a ton of female issues started with me. I also only have one child and she is spoiled.

I take sprintec birth control pills and I've not had any issues with moodiness or weight fluctuations. The pill is very small. I've taken it for 5 years and haven't had any issues with it.