Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

iband newbie. lapband w plication

im looking to talk to people who have the iband. ive had my lapband for ten years and lost 150 lbs. then gained back 120. i would like to find if those with ibands have had more success than ive had with the lapband alone.

thanks

Kat

And what is an I-Band?

i have the lap band and plication

it does help feel *full* faster/quicker and i listen to that as a sign to stop (even if i dont want to)

but no matter what WLS one has, the bypass, the band, the sleeve or the band and plication, unless a person changes what they eat from crap high fat/junk food to better choices (and def understand that 3500 cals is a pound ate or drank and if they take in more cals than they burn off that they will not lose weight and gain weight), then no WLS will work..success begins with the person and not just the surgery one has or gets...

i had the iband nov1 2013 and according to my doc i have slow results almost like someone who had just the band alone i don't know what it would be like to not be plicated but i do know i have to battle my physical and mental hungar every single day

I have the band with plication as well. My cravings and hunger are much more at bay…not gone but better….since I've never had just the band I don't know the difference. I have yet to need a fill and it may be do to the plication keeping me fuller longer…they can't say for sure. But I know a few other people who had the band with plication and had bandster hell from the beginning and had fills to help them find their green zone. Everyone is so very different you just never know how it will make you feel…its so very individual.

i love my band and plication….I feel very blessed to have had the success I've had so far.

But it is no magic bullet…that's for sure!

I got the iBand 7/24 I am 6days post op. I feel full VERY quickly. I am used to eating large amounts of food so I really have to listen to my body when it says hey no more!! My left shoulder hurts when I over do it. Actually my left shoulder hurts ALL the time. Does anyone else have this?

@@mytime86 I am a November 2013 bander, too. 72 pounds is great! Pat yourself on the back.

@@nursejess2010 the shoulder pain is very common and it will go away....some people benefit from a heating pad. Walking is where it's at to release any trapped gas and get everything moving right again. You will feel better each day.

@@scooterbyrd looks like you've found some iBand peeps....good luck regrouping and so glad you're here.

Thank you so much! The heating pad has been amazing!! The pain has decrease the past two days and I am sooo thankful! I am one week post today and have only lost 2lbs I thought with such few calories it would be way more. Any thoughts? How often do you all weigh yourselves. I've been doing daily and it's really getting me down.

Thank you so much! The heating pad has been amazing!! The pain has decrease the past two days and I am sooo thankful! I am one week post today and have only lost 2lbs I thought with such few calories it would be way more. Any thoughts? How often do you all weigh yourselves. I've been doing daily and it's really getting me down.

You're still in the healing process so two lbs so far is great. I would only weigh myself once a week. Our bodies change daily it will make u crazy. Pick a day and time to record yourself each week until you see your doctor. Remember scales are different so don't be disappointed if what your scale at home says as opposed to your doctor's because that's what matters. Congratulations on being banded.

Thank you so much!