Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I might never do a Marathon or a Dualathon

Well I might never do a Marathon or a Dualathon like some have on here...but I am one step closer to exercise...I couldn't find the bike I wanted in the stores so I went ahead and ordered it. its not a bike but an adult size tricycle and will be starting back at the Cantrell Center very soon. so I am on the road to "EXERCISE" in conjunction with my "BAND" and hoping to see some of these pounds come off faster...maybe I will be able to work up to a few miles on my trike and alot of lapses!!! Here's hoping!!! Have a great day everyone.

Mikee57, let us know how you like it. I was looking into getting one for my mom (and then borrowing it LOL) but I don't see them in stores. Where did you order from?

JustWatchMe...that is nice of you getting one for your mom...I ordered mine from Walmart...a Schwinn 26". has a big basket on the back to so I can bring my puppy sometimes...LOL!!! I have had knee replacements done and since I have all this extra weight on them it is really painful, wasn't sure if I would be able to ride a normal bike so I will be trying this for sure. hope you can get your mom a new ride too... :D

Trikes can be a very good source for exercise. They don't move as easily as a bicycle so you may have to work a little harder which is good for an aerobic exercise. The increased stability is comforting too. I've crashed a dozen times on my bike in the last 3 years. But, I'm a klutz as my wife points out. I seem to get myself into these jams where the only out is to dump the bike or tip over :blush:

Take a picture and post it when you get it K? I think any kind of cycling is a great form of exercise and definitely beats a stationary bike from home or gym.

tmf

Way to go -- I can tell you are falling in love with your trike already! Biking is also on my spring list for ways to get exercise and enjoy the great outdoors. We live in the boonies but have to pack the bikes up to take them somewhere because these secondary roads are just too dangerous when cars come along. I like to be on a bike trail at this point in my life -- can't deal with traffic and still relax and have a good time.

2muchfun and Bandista thanks for your comments...I was told that they are a bit difficult to pedal, but will manage...I am sure. These old legs with these not so bionic knees need that extra stability...now I will just look like a big kid that bumps into things and falls over like on Laugh In-LOL...oops might be showing my age there huh? LOLRH!!! But I sure know that I am going to love doing something...and will be happy to get started too...now to get my hubs to get his so we can ride together...that will be fun too!!!

Oh btw 2muchfun I will indeed get a pic posted maybe even with me in it...LOL...at least there is 36 lbs less of me than my original photo

Yea for the new trike! Can't wait to see the pics and hear about your first ride. Congrats!