Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best app with detailed nutritional breakdown?

So, I'm looking for an app to track my nutrition. I've had a look at MyFitnessPal, but I'm not pleased with the nutritional info. You can look at individual profiles for various nutrients, but not all of them, and not all of them all at once for a single day. I'd like something that I can look over in the evening to check if I've gotten all of my B12, omega3s, zinc, etc., and then decide based on that info what to have for dinner and whether to take additional supplements. Preferably, I'd also like something I can use both on my computer as well as on my phone or iPad. Any recommendations?

WhoKnows you can add food's as well on MyFitnessPal...I had to add a Wendy's salad the other day (half and full size) it was very easy. hope you give it another try.

My favorite is calorieCount.com which is available through the web or as an app.

I found the food lookup information to be the most complete and the app has all the features I wanted without a lot of unnecessary things confusing the issues.

In the interest of full disclosure - I've been using MFP for two and a half years and would be lost without it.

That said, I would be very interested in what options that you find that will allow you to track things like B12, omega3's and zinc. The apps that I have seen (which is not extensive, maybe three or four) are developed around the information the law requires for nutrition labels. Sometimes a manufacturer will include additional information for a nutrient(s) that are not required, but it's hit and miss. MFP has a total of sixteen options that can be tracked (but does not include any of the three you have named). You can configure MFP to track different options from their website - after you login click Settings > Diary Settings and under "Nutrients Tracked" you can see the options in the drop down boxes.

Good luck in your search and I hope you will share your findings!

I have found My Fitness Pal to be an invaluable tool. The phone app is a bit different from the Internet version. I found that I am able to personalize my needs more on the internet version.

Try bodbot. It's a personal trainer, too. I'm not very experienced with it , I use the training function more but I know it tracks Omega 3/6 and I believe B12

I tried fooducate, paid the $10 for extra features.

I tried fooducate, paid the $10 for extra features.

Thank you thank you thank you!!! This is EXACTLY what I was looking for :) You made my weekend!