Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If i could turn back time...

....I probably wouldn't have this surgery. I'm four weeks out and I don't understand the signals from my tummy In a time span of 15 minutes, I might feel nausea, hunger, an empty hollow feeling, and a slight pain. Then I'll feel nothing at all. I repeat this cycle all day long. I'm on a PPI. on top of it all, I get Water nausea. I think I made a huge mistake. :(

....I probably wouldn't have this surgery. I'm four weeks out and I don't understand the signals from my tummy In a time span of 15 minutes, I might feel nausea, hunger, an empty hollow feeling, and a slight pain. Then I'll feel nothing at all. I repeat this cycle all day long. I'm on a PPI. on top of it all, I get Water nausea. I think I made a huge mistake. :(

that sucks. I hope it is temporary for you. I have ready through a lot of these posts and have to believe that you have an rare situation. I would follow up with your surgeon. I am in no way an expert on this as I am still really early in the process but that doesn't sound right.

that sucks. I hope it is temporary for you. I have ready through a lot of these posts and have to believe that you have an rare situation. I would follow up with your surgeon. I am in no way an expert on this as I am still really early in the process but that doesn't sound right.

I am 7 days out and get the same feeling. I know there is a difference in our post op days. However, I am sure it will get better. Hang in there. Talk with your doctor. I also equate hunger to losing pounds. I have always done that. So there is a silver lining. For me the symptoms you describe is only for a few minutes or even seconds.

I couldn't drink straight Water for a long time after surgery - something to do with its surface tension. Put a few drops of fruit squash in it to relieve the water nausea.

I understand completely and it is very confusing. You should talk to your doctor but I'll tell you what I found that works for me. I have a schedule I eat Breakfast (usually a shake) no matter how I feel even if I can't drink a lot. Then I drink Water if Water is bothering you try lite gatorade that helped me since I wasn't getting in enought water. Then lunch usually (chicken soup) you will still need to drain it. Afternoons are long so I try another shake, then dinner I try to switch it up and have Tomato Soup. Stick it out, it gets better and remember the goal is to be healthier.

What diet are you on at this stage?? At 4 weeks I was on puree foods. If you are into solid foods, go back to puree. I see many doctors have their patients on solids alot earlier than mine does and they seem to have alot more problems.

On top of that make sure when you are eating that you still take very small bites. Putting too much food in to quickly will make you feel sick. Also the one big problem people get early on is with stomach acid. You may not get a heartburn feeling like you use to but that don't mean its not there. Maybe try an over the counter acid reduces. Call your doc and see what he recommends.

What diet are you on at this stage?? At 4 weeks I was on puree foods. If you are into solid foods, go back to puree. I see many doctors have their patients on solids alot earlier than mine does and they seem to have alot more problems. On top of that make sure when you are eating that you still take very small bites. Putting too much food in to quickly will make you feel sick. Also the one big problem people get early on is with stomach acid. You may not get a heartburn feeling like you use to but that don't mean its not there. Maybe try an over the counter acid reduces. Call your doc and see what he recommends.

That is a good point. I've only noticed these symptoms in the last few days when I added solid food. I will try going back to purée. I can take the weird grumbling and other stuff, but I can't stand nausea!! I sent my doctor a message, we'll see what he says.

What is liquid squash?

What is liquid squash?

Er, in American English I think it's fruit cordial!

--------

I have regrets too but we can't turn back the clock's hands -- I'm 4 months out and required to stay on full liquids due to gastritis and suture inflammation. I've lost 60 pounds since surgery and happy about that and want to keep it off bit this all seems so extreme to me. I will pray all works out well for me and continue to pray for my healing. I feel so abnormal drinking all day.

I meant to type i will pray for you ikleigh

Hang in there. You're right, nausea is a terrible thing. But once you get past the first few months, everything gets better. You'll be used to the lifestyle changes, and you'll lose enough weight to make you feel like it was worth it. Good luck, hope you feel better!