Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am in Texas and my doctor is Clayton Frenzel and I had my surgery on April 16. My scars look great and he seems to be a great surgeon. He is also a plastic surgeon.

I had surgery at Texas General in Grand Prairie, TX. I was treated so poorly that I regretted having the surgery. I am very sensitive to medicine and it takes me a minute to get my barrings and wake completely up.

The entire nursing staff where Africans and were so mean to me. What I mean is that they pulled my IV's to get me up, they wanted to argue with me with I asked why have I had this oxygen tube in my nose and no air for 1 1/2 days. The nurse said, don't worry you can breath. If you weren't breathing I would know. Then why have the tube in my nose and no oxygen. I could have needed it. My dear sweet mom kept saying, why you have your mouth open, when you have oxygen. I kept trying to close my mouth, but I couldn't breath and didn't know why. Can you help me to the bathroom? I have never been treated like this at any hospital. They would let the blood pressure monitor run and run on my arm. I asked them to take off the monitor and was told. Oh, I need to check the blood pressure and write it down this time.

I forget to tell you that when they first entered my room. Two nurses SCREAMED GET UP. I was just out of surgery. I jumped, my mom jumped. Then my mom, told them how she felt about how they entered the room.

I met black and white women who had the surgery in the radiology area before our leak test and a white lady said she tried to check out the night of surgery, but they would not let her. Everyone had the same experience.

I have never been treated so poorly in my entire life. I am so thankful to God that my mom was there to speak up for me. They had to be reminded each time to turn on my booths to keep blood clots out of my legs and body.

My sister is suppose to use Dr. Frenzel, but she will not go to Texas General in Grand Prairie, TX.

Be warned and Beware. We are not writing the hospital due the lack of care.

Can't believe that.I would talk the cheif of staff of that hospital.

I would even call fox 4 news that horrible the way they treated you..and your mom..some body need to be held responable that... sorry that happens to you..some one had recommended that set surgeon to me..i started to change so glad i didn't. ...

You can have a bad experience at just about any hospital. If the Hospital Administration does not know what the problems are, they can't fix them. You need to report any and all personnel who acted unprofessionally and treated you in a less than respectable manner. The Powers-that-be at the hospital need to know details about your stay. The oxygen issue is certainly a biggie and needs to be reported as does the thing with the boots on your legs. Its very serious since blood clots after surgery are truly a concern for patients. I had such a wonderful experience at my hospital and the staff was professional, caring, respectful and genuinely nice. You deserved to have that same experience so REPORT WHAT YOU WENT THROUGH. Wishing you luck.

Princess, I was one of those ladies there that night. I am filing a complaint with the joint commissioner about that hospital. I just wish I had let my husband stay- I sent him home to sleep and come back. I was withheld pain medicine, had to use the restroom alone when I could hardly walk, I was laughed at by nurses when walking down the hall in pain. The discharging Dr. wrote every Rx wrong and I ended up in the ER by my house today for extreme pain. I got enough for 2 days on a 4 day weekend, and that was at half dose. When my husband got there he wanted to complain but I just wanted out of there. It was honestly the worst experience I've ever had. That said, I like Dr. Frenzel and my surgery is healing well (now that I have a minimum pain med dose I feel much better). I just will never step foot in that hospital again. If more than 1 person says something maybe it will get though to him. Feel free to message me.

You must tell your surgeon too! Your surgeon brings money into this hospital and they will listen to him. Write the administrator and the hospital board. Give very specific documentation of each problem--including dates and time of day. I work in a large hospital system and we give surveys to each patient and actually look at them! If we find issues we work to fix them. We also listen to the surgeons as they bring in funds for us to stay open (we are a non profit trauma hospital).