Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MFP tells me i will go in starvation mode

Surgery was April 1st and I just move to soft foods last week. At my appointment my doc told me to stay between 600 - 800 calories and to log in MFP. Every time I complete my day it tells me unless I up my calories then my body will go into starvation mode. Should I be worried? Is this going to happen?

Mine tells me the same thing everyday. Do not worry and just follow the doctors instructions.

I've got enough fat reserves for a few months. Mine says a similar warning. Just follow your doctor's plan.

It says that all the time lol don't worry about it too much. Follow your doctor's guidelines. To be honest though, you might go into starvation mode. My body did I think. I didn't lose any weight for 2 weeks when I started mushy foods even though I was only eating 600-800 calories a day. I have found that if I eat under 1200 calories too often, I stall out in my weight loss. But it doesn't happen to everyone since everyone's bodies are different. If it does happen to you, just know that it's temporary because you will increase your calories gradually as you move through the food stages. It's not super important that you are losing tons of weight the first few weeks anyways. Best of luck to you :)

you technically are in doctor supervised starvation, especially the first few weeks surgery. i would just listen to the doctor, they know best, for the most part.

I am on my fitness pal too, and it has always said - "starvation mode." I just ignore it because we are being doctor supervised (like someone else said). I go with the calories that my doctor has prescribed for me - between 800-1000. Sometimes I go just a little above, sometimes below - but I stay right around that spot. I also do not add calories back in for exercise.

Thank you everyone. This makes me feel a lot better. I will just keep doing what my doctor has advised and stay at 600 - 800 per day.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches