Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

it is really quick to be on solids already. this period of time you need to diet. sorry I said that word but now that your swelling is gone you have no restriction. so you have to diet. pizza isn't something you should be eating. but since you did I hope you at least enjoyed it. now.....eat 4 oz of Protein and a vegetable and pretend you have restriction. welcome to bandster hell.

Bandster hell doesn't seem all that bad but there is the temptation to splurge because the body seems to be taking anything. I have been having some saltine crackers because my doctor told me I could and I was shocked because I didn't think I could have solids but he really wanted me to get some of these in me for calories. If you're going to eat solids I guess my suggestion would be for you to eat stuff that is healthy for you like lean meats. So much of this seems to be a mentality struggles so you should probably push yourself

Lorena - PLEASE be careful! Your body is still healing from surgery, and while that pizza may have gone down, you were fortunate. Getting badly 'stuck' at this point in your recovery could earn you a trip back to the hospital.

The band is just a tool - nothing more - it does not take away our desire for less-nutritious food, nor does it force us to eat healthier foods. NOW is the time to change your eating habits. NOW is the time to read - and re-read - your nutritional guidelines as given by your doctor and / or nutritionist. You should NOT be eating pizza at this point - and definitely NOT the kind of pizza you were eating before surgery.

While you may not have a lot of restriction right now, you DO have the responsibility to yourself to start eating like a bandster. You should be focusing on healthier foods and staying away from what got you in position to get the lap band in the first place. This might sound harsh - and believe me, at nearly 6 years out, I'm also talking to myself - but YOU have got to set the tone for the rest of your life.

Leave that pizza alone, girlfriend, and get back on track!

This is not meant to sound harsh but I invite you to seriously reflect on why you would chose to eat pizza 1) so soon after WLS and 2) after all you did to GET surgery.

You are not on Weight Watchers here. You've chosen voluntarily to have major, invasive surgery because your weight is impacting your mental and physical health. To be 20 days out and to eat pizza? Please consider adding a mental health person to your bariatric team. You want to have your head in the game in order to be successful with the tool.

Don't put pizza into your body, at least until you are securely at goal, if then.

Don't waste this gift.

Edited by parisshel

Lorena, welcome to bandland. I had surgery on March 13 and I am still not allowed solids until April 24th. So my first month is creamy Soups without chunks, Protein shakes, yogurt, Jello, milk, basically liquids. Please ask your doctor for a list. They may have tucked it in that packet they gave you and didn't spend enough time stressing the importance of healing and behavior change during this post-op time. It's very important to long-term success and to giving your band the best healthy start. My band needs to get used to my body just like my body needs to get used to my band. It's fragile now and stitches are healing. Keep reading these boards and stay connected. Good luck!

Had surgery april 1st. Bought pizza for the first time today and ate 3 slices. I think i need to get adjusted. Although that is all i ate the entire day.

Whats normal to eat during the first month?

All the other commenters are right, pizza is not a good choice. But! I will say this. I ate pizza within a month of being banded too. I limited my portion size to one small slice and I enjoyed every bite of it!

However, I don't make a habit out of eating pizza or anything else that is unhealthy. I'm not one of those super strict dieters who only eat Protein and veggies. I just make smart choices, limit my carb intake, and limit my portion sizes. I also developed a lot of self control. It takes a lot of hard work on my part and it's something I had to work on, it didn't happen overnight.

You asked what you should be eating in the first month. My surgeon's instructions had me back on regular food on the 4th week after surgery. But that doesn't mean go crazy and eat whatever you want. You still want to take it slow and keep it healthy. You should be eating mostly Protein. Remember, you're trying to build good habits that will last the rest of your life.

You're going to make mistakes. Everyone does. But you have to get back on track and think about why you're doing this. Keep your eye on the prize! It's a tough journey, but it's worth it :)

Get up and dust yourself off! Your a brave woman to try that and VERY lucky you didn't get stuck! I am about 4 weeks out now am I'm eating things like scrambled eggs, baked fish, tuna and tried some chick breast for the first time yesterday. Soft solids. My doc even told me I could make sandwich with 40 cal wheat bread(too afraid to try bread). But hang in there, look in your packet of info and se wht your surgeon wants you to eat if you can't find it ask them to give you another copy. All surgeons require diff things so you wanna make sure you are doing what your doc thinks is right for you. Some surgeons allow patients too progress slower to solids and some faster.

I'm not going to be negative Nelly, but that's a lot of pizza whether you are a newbie or a veteran. We've all made mistakes & have given into temptations! Start fresh tomorrow.

What you need to learn are your weaknesses. Once you learn those foods, you need to eliminate them from your diet completely. I have a list of foods that I cannot eat. I'm afraid that if I start I cannot stop. You will hear people say that this journey is not a diet and you shouldn't eliminate foods, but if you are weak - you just can't give in. This is addiction and I have it too. I'm not preaching to the choir because I'm in the choir and I'm talking to myself as well. I can't eat breads, pastas, fried foods, baked goods, pizza, tacos - I love food so much and I just can't give in to any of these temptations.

If you are hungry - drink more Water, eat sugar free Jello (10 calories), eat sugar free Popsicles, drink hot tea, take in more Protein. Eat what the doctor has advised. You can do this! But - don't get discouraged just chalk this up as a bad day and move on - doing better tomorrow!

I have a list of foods that I cannot eat. I'm afraid that if I start I cannot stop..... This is addiction ...

!

Thanks for what you have written. I needed someone to remind me of what I am and shoul do!

Yea - I had 4 peeps yesterday - and I did count them on my fitness pal - lol - I am not perfect either!

lorena...please talk with your provider about food choices that you should be eating right now. I have eaten pizza (small piece-thin) but was over my first 6 weeks. it is wonderful you didn't get stuck...but remember we have to think about portions right now in your journey. most of the bands at your stage do not have any fills in them so the swelling goes down and there is no restrictions...so during this time it is up to you to make wise choices. I do find your honesty refreshing though...hang in there and try to reserve your pizza for down the road a bit longer. take care and well wishes to you. :)