Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I kept telling myself that it would be a breeze well it isn't. I've decided to just take it one day at a time. I so wanted to cheat yesterday but made it thru the day!

I kept telling myself that it would be a breeze well it isn't. I've decided to just take it one day at a time. I so wanted to cheat yesterday but made it thru the day!

Just keep your mind to it! I think the actual point to the pre op diet is to get yourself prepared for having a drastic change in diet after surgery. I didn't have a pre-op diet thank god so I don't know exactly what you are going through.

You've got it right - take it one day at a time! It's a lot harder than it seems, but it is well worth it. I honestly attribute the pre-op diet to most of my success post-op. That 2 weeks of liquids changed my whole outlook on food. By the time I had surgery I could have cared less about fast food and sweets. I would have been happy with a salad! And since you get to gradually add new foods post-op, it's like rediscovering everything. My tastes have changed and healthy foods I never thought I would eat, I actually enjoy.

Great job resisting temptation as well! That's something you're going to encounter a lot on this journey, so it's good to start building that habit now. I find that doing other things and staying buys helps keep your mind off the food cravings.

Just try and remember that it does serve a purpose and in the end, it is going to be SO worth it! :)

On day 5 of the pre-op diet, I found that I'm not as hungry and the headaches have pretty much gone away. I have 10 days till my surgery, I don't know if I'm more excited or nervous! !

On day 5 of the pre-op diet, I found that I'm not as hungry and the headaches have pretty much gone away. I have 10 days till my surgery, I don't know if I'm more excited or nervous! !

on my day 4 or 5, i was okay on the pre op....once i got detox from (junk and chemicals)

its not as hard as it seems......stay busy, stay focused on the goal.......the pre and post op diet days seem like FOREVER, but its just mere days if you think about it...

def be excited and do not be nervous

you are getting your life back to life longer and healthier

and i am proud of you..you are stronger than you think...

PS, feel like cheating, dont.....cheating is what got us fat/obese (super morbid obese in my case) and think of why you are doing this.......i carry with me a picture of me and my hub wearing a skirt i wore 22 months ago.....that skirt is on my profile that myself and my lap band doctor are wearing.....

Just started my pre-op liquid diet today. One thing I forgot to do ahead of time was wean myself off of the coffee. I realized that this morning, so what I did was just had a half cup with a little skim milk. I figured I could do a little less each morning. I don't drink it any other time during the day anymore. I hope that will work. We can do this!!!!

Just started my pre-op liquid diet today. One thing I forgot to do ahead of time was wean myself off of the coffee. I realized that this morning, so what I did was just had a half cup with a little skim milk. I figured I could do a little less each morning. I don't drink it any other time during the day anymore. I hope that will work. We can do this!!!!

I am a sweet tea person myself. I just quit cold-turkey, boy did i have headaches. I am on day 5 of my pre-op diet and it does get easier each day. Just take one day at a Time and you will be fine! !

Day 3 of the liquid diet. Doing okay. I am only getting in around 600 calories and my doctor said I need to get in close to 1200. If I double up on the shakes, I go way over on my Protein. Does anyone have any suggestions? TIA

Everyone's pre-op diet is different, what does your diet consist of?

My pre-op diet consists of 3 Meal Replacement shakes, sf Jello, sf ice pops, lots of Water, broth. I have been drinking the Vitamin Water zero as my water. It has no calories and 4 carbs. Maybe I should try the regular Vitamin water with some calories in it?

My pre-op diet consists of 3 Meal Replacement shakes, sf Jello, sf ice pops, lots of Water, broth. I have been drinking the Vitamin Water zero as my water. It has no calories and 4 carbs. Maybe I should try the regular Vitamin water with some calories in it?

Not sure about the regular vitamin water, put into a call to your doctor office and ask. I'm on the same type off diet, but they just added 3 hard boiled eggs, see if maybe you could add them to your diet. Not sure how many calories though!!

each provider differs in what they want their patients to adhere too...mine had us on the Sugar Busters diet, which really was easy, could eat pretty good on it, just modified our portions. I am praying that you do good bobomarge...hang in there sweetie!!!

praying for you too ad1203...hang in there it will be over before you know it and then your new journey begins!!! best wishes on your gastric sleeve!!!

Completed my 1 week of pre op diet. 1 more week to go...

One week down here to. One week to go. When are you being banded? May 2 here! ! Can't wait to get my new life started! !!