Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This past Tuesday was exactly 8 weeks since the day of my surgery and I couldn't be happier! I'm down 25 lbs, have 3cc's in my band, and I'm feeling great! I love my LapBand and I feel like I'm living a whole new, positive life.

It's really easy to get caught up in posting on these forums when something is going wrong, but sometimes, you just have to stop and take a minute to Celebrate what is going right :)

I posted some side by side comparison pictures on my blog of my progress so far. Here is the link if anyone would like to take a look.

http://blissfullybanded.wordpress.com/2014/04/18/2-month-bandiversary-pictures/

Thanks for all the support fellow Bandsters! I wish everyone the best of luck, no matter what stage of your journey you are on.

Wow....you look great. And only two months out. Can't wait to see how you look at six months. You'll probably be a skinny minnie by then.

This past Tuesday was exactly 8 weeks since the day of my surgery and I couldn't be happier! I'm down 25 lbs, have 3cc's in my band, and I'm feeling great! I love my LapBand and I feel like I'm living a whole new, positive life. It's really easy to get caught up in posting on these forums when something is going wrong, but sometimes, you just have to stop and take a minute to Celebrate what is going right :) I posted some side by side comparison pictures on my blog of my progress so far. Here is the link if anyone would like to take a look. http://blissfullybanded.wordpress.com/2014/04/18/2-month-bandiversary-pictures/ Thanks for all the support fellow Bandsters! I wish everyone the best of luck, no matter what stage of your journey you are on.

I love that you had the courage to do this!! Also it give me hope, and by that I mean we had a pretty similar starting weight, pretty similar weight loss so far and you look amazing. So you give me hope that maybe I'm improving as much as you are! It's so very hard to look in the mirror and see anything other then what you are used to. I wish now I had taken before and after pictures. Keep up the great work you are doing and awesome job :)

Loved reading your blog and you are doing beautifully! Way to go. As you say, "my how the time flies." You are rocking this -- can't wait to see you at four and six months out!

Thanks for sharing the positives. Banded a week now and doing good but must say the problems experienced by others can cause the fear of what if to settle in.

Wow....you look great. And only two months out. Can't wait to see how you look at six months. You'll probably be a skinny minnie by then.

Thank you for the kind words!! I can't wait until I'm 6 months out either. I have this fear I'm going to stall out soon, but I'll keep pushing forward no matter what :)

This past Tuesday was exactly 8 weeks since the day of my surgery and I couldn't be happier! I'm down 25 lbs, have 3cc's in my band, and I'm feeling great! I love my LapBand and I feel like I'm living a whole new, positive life. It's really easy to get caught up in posting on these forums when something is going wrong, but sometimes, you just have to stop and take a minute to Celebrate what is going right :) I posted some side by side comparison pictures on my blog of my progress so far. Here is the link if anyone would like to take a look. http://blissfullybanded.wordpress.com/2014/04/18/2-month-bandiversary-pictures/ Thanks for all the support fellow Bandsters! I wish everyone the best of luck, no matter what stage of your journey you are on.

I love that you had the courage to do this!! Also it give me hope, and by that I mean we had a pretty similar starting weight, pretty similar weight loss so far and you look amazing. So you give me hope that maybe I'm improving as much as you are! It's so very hard to look in the mirror and see anything other then what you are used to. I wish now I had taken before and after pictures. Keep up the great work you are doing and awesome job :)

I am so glad that my story has given you hope!! That's a great thing to hear. I knew I would regret not documenting my journey with pictures, even though they are hard to take and look at. I encourage it though because it does end up being a good motivator! Thank you for your encouraging words :) I wish you all the best as well.

Loved reading your blog and you are doing beautifully! Way to go. As you say, "my how the time flies." You are rocking this -- can't wait to see you at four and six months out!

Thanks for reading and for the compliments!! It's nice to hear all the encouraging words. I'm looking forward to seeing myself at six months as well. I post regular updates and pictures on my blog, but I'll have to come back here at 6 months and give another update!

Thanks for sharing the positives. Banded a week now and doing good but must say the problems experienced by others can cause the fear of what if to settle in.

No problem!! I know that this site is a place people go for help a lot so you're going to read a lot of negatives, and like you said, the what ifs will start to set in. But I'll tell you what a fellow bandster once told me: the people who have the most problems with the band are the ones who don't follow their doctor's instructions (i.e. - overeating, eating junk, not exercising, etc) and/or have poor aftercare (don't have a support system or a doctor to help them). So don't get too worried over what you read on these forums! Just stick to all the band "rules," find a good support team, put in the effort and you'll do great! :D

BB, very inspiring!! Regarding posts about problems with the band, I truly appreciate those as much as the positive posts. I always feel better armed with knowledge, and it helps me know what to ask my bariatric team when I have appointments. It also puts reality in front of me. If I do "A", "B" could happen. Personal experiences from others is a powerful motivator for me.

BB, very inspiring!! Regarding posts about problems with the band, I truly appreciate those as much as the positive posts. I always feel better armed with knowledge, and it helps me know what to ask my bariatric team when I have appointments. It also puts reality in front of me. If I do "A", "B" could happen. Personal experiences from others is a powerful motivator for me.

I still appreciate the posts about band problems. There is something comforting about being able to come on here when you have a problem and finding out you aren't alone. It's just when you read too much of the really bad problems that you start to get scared for yourself! Gotta keep it balanced, good and bad is all :)

Well Done ,I am two months down too but have actually gained the weight back as I feel no restriction and am hungry all the time. Your story gave me hope. Thank you and God Bless !