Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been trying to walk more with the hope that the weight will fall off....my knees are bad and i cannot take painkillers...

I am having too much pain since 2,3 days....I will try Water exercises tomorrow....But the pool is in a hotel...its at the back and after parking the car...there is a long pathway....oh....to walk that much and then get into the Water ...I have not gathered courage for it...

wish me luck...i am hoping to try it tomorrow.

Is there another pool you could use? For me, the more inconvenient something is, the less likely I am to do it or keep it up.

There are also other non-walking things, like using those exercise bands. When I do those, my heart really gets pumping, and I better than walking. My knees used to kill too. Weight loss is helping. My orthopedic surgeon told me that for every pound loss, you lose three pounds of pressure off your knees. Keep on it!

hopeful2 be slim,

I understand. I am off all of my Non Steroidal Anti Inflamitory DrugsS, (NSAIDS), since before my surgery and even though the weight loss has helped--still a lot of pain. I am so blessed to have an excellent chiropractor who is keeping my back aligned with the weight changes.

The only kind of aerobic exercise I can do is in the pool. Fortunately, I have a membership to a gym with a pool made for swimming/exercise.

I've been tired as well lately. I don't know if it's the pain, allergies or what. I'm getting my sleep, Protein, Water and exercise so I'm at a loss as to what it could be.

I know I can take tylenol for the pain but I fear of the impact on my liver.

I wish you luck with getting in the pool. I know how much effort it can take just to get in the pool. I know I feel so much better for it. On the days I do work out, I sleep so well.

Kathleen

Can you find a more convenient pool? Inconvenience to get somewhere will keep me from going. My knees killed too. My knee surgeon said that for every pound lost, three pounds of pressure come off your knees.

My rubber exercise bands can really get my heart pumping better than walking. Not saying to do it instead, but it is a non-impact exercise alternative that will keep you better.

Keep it going!

Sorry I re-posted my reply. I thought my first didn't go through.

Anyone know if we can delete our posts?

thanks so much for all your posts!!! I live in India and we do not have many good amenities here. No warm pools or no special pools for exercising or for the elderly like they do abroad.I had seen such amenities in Melbourne when i visited my daughter.

We are members here and it is a nice place to spend our evenings.. I will gather courage today.The first day will be the hardest. But I will do it.

Thanks for motivating me!!

Hey Hopeful2B - I just learned today from one of my seniors about an amazing thing, and maybe everyone knows about this already - but it's an anti-gravity treadmill! It's designed to allow you to walk with far less pressure on your knees and ankles because the air pressure below your wait is buoying you up, so the end result is only about 30-40% of your usual weight on those joints while you walk. Some nursing homes, rehab centers, and sports fitness places have them, in addition to hospitals. This guy was raving about it, and how post-surgery it was allowing him to walk with a normal gait finally, even after doing some compensatory damage to the other leg - just with less chance of injury. I realize in your place or residence it's less likely, but any chance you can see if anyone around you might have one? They've been out a year or more now.

Of course you'll be that much smaller soon, and so less weight on them anyway!

thanks so much..will surely try to find out.