Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 1/2 weeks post of and it was my first day of soft foods. I made 1/2 cup egg beaters with some cheese for dinner and it took me about 40 minutes to eat it all. Am I eating to slow?

You are supposed to try to eat for 20-30 minutes. If it takes longer than that, you are done, by then you are grazing. This is what my surgeon says, but yours may say different.

I think I am so scared to take a big bite or not chew it enough or take a bite to quickly after the previous one and that is why it took so long. How long should you wait between bites?

Pick up fork, place food in mouth, put fork down, chew, swallow and then repeat. Some doctors say 1 minute but your band will dictate to you how fast you can eat. If you eat too fast your pouch will fill up and you'll get the feeling there's a golf ball under your sternum. No need to be afraid.

the rule of thumb I was given was a meal should last 20 min's. that is how long food stays in the pouch and starts to move into your stomach. when I eat I take a bite and count to 10 slowly. if I don't allow time for that bite to make it down and start digesting I will get stuck with the sond bite. the main thing too, is to make your bites small.

Thank you everyone. I think I am doing better today with eating. I ate tuna and cottage cheese for lunch and was able to finish most of it. I may stick to Protein Shakes for Breakfast because my oatmeal was just not that great. When they first told me to stay between 600 to 800 calories my eyes popped out of my head, but for now that is good because I am really not that hungry yet ( knock on wood).

Redstorm I am glad to see you are progressing so well. I to was fearful about eating...but each new bit of new foods will get you past that...so don't be to scared to eat, because the band is just teaching us to eat less and slower and chew, chew, chew. It takes me about 17 to 20 minutes to each my meals. I take a small bit, chew and then swallow...but I do put my fork down between each bit like 2muchfun says. it is a whole new learning experience...but you are going to do just fine...we are all rooting for ya!!! let us know if you have anymore concerns...we are here for ya!!!

Thank you so much. I really appreciate everyone's help. Seems like all the reading material that I got from my docs office pertained to the sleeve and bypass.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• AmberFL

2 of the Biggest NSV thus far in my life; 1) my 6yr old daughter can wrap her arms around me for the first time ever! 2) My 12yr old son is having a basketball game for the parents vs. their players and I am playing with him! Its been awhile since I played basketball so I have been practicing lol but I would never had even volunteered to do this 70lbs ago! 
      This surgery has changed my life for the better!
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

That's fantastic!

• Newtransformation79

It has hit me today, as I sit in my chair at work that I don't have my belly sticking out to where it would hit the desk. Oh and I can cross my legs more comfortably. It amazes me just how much I have loss in inches vs actual pounds, I have lost 24 lbs all together. But I believe in inches all over about 3 inches. I am noticing more energy and have pep to my step. My skin is a lot clearer. My watch band is shorter by 3 notches. the little things are what I am noticing. When I bend over I don't feel out of breath or I am going to fall over ( weeble wobble). 
      I am having a hard time with my sweet tooth, it is very hard to not want to get some ice cream or chocolate. Candy I can do without. I have no craving really for that, just chocolate and ice cream. I have gone as far as taking Popsicle and putting them in my mixer with almond milk and making like ice cream with that/ sometimes I have added un-flavored protein powder. 
      I feel better everyday. The energy is great to have with having younger kids and being able to have the energy to keep up. 😃
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Manisha Sharma

Buy Dohar Set Online: Top Picks for Cozy Comfort & Style 
      Check out our top selections for cozy bedding, perfect for adding a touch of style to your bedroom while ensuring warmth and comfort. Find the best Dohar sets online for ultimate comfort and style.

Visit - https://amoliconcepts.com/product-category/throws-quilts-dohars/
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

If anyone has any advice on how to make your stomach feel better after you eat something you shouldn't have or at too fast, I would GREATLY appreciate it!! It's painful on both sides of my abdomen (like to the point I'm doubled over and using a hot water bottle in addition to medicine) and I'm really nauseous (the thought or smell of food is 🤢).
      · 0 replies
    • Mandirigma

Just wondering if any of the Type 2 Diabetics also have there blood glucose go high when having only a Premier Protein drink for breakfast?  How does Premier Protein compare to BOOST Glucose Control in your experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches