Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can Someone Help me with My Weight Ticker

Hey Everyone...I am not sure what my weight goal should be...I've been trying to figure out how to get down to a good BMI...but so know that I am not every going to be 120 again...so what weight do we put there...I think 140 is probably below what I will probably get too...but then if I don't go lower my BMI is still too high...any suggestions? Thanks!!!

I think this is a personal decision. I know what the charts say I should weigh based on my height but honestly if I weighed that I would look sick. I'm not built to weigh 125lbs:-) I really based my decision on a previous weight I had gotten down to and remembered what size I was and how great I felt so that's how I came up with my number. My surgeon even told me my goal weight was a personal decision and so whatever I felt good about to start with that and that I could always adjust it when I got there:-)

Same here. I had a conversation with my PCP and she mentioned that she would be thrilled if I got down to 150 and that was the number I used. You can see on my ticker that per my BMI, I'm still overweight even though I've met my goal.

I am wondering what I'll be when I'm "healthy" and I think I'll just have to wait and see.

Hi mikee, I read your profile, you and I are very close in age and height. Im almost 56 and im 5' 3, and 160 lbs. As I calmly explained to my lap band surgeon 2 weeks ago during a 6 mo checkup," I think im done losing weight as ive been at this weight for a year now. I would love to get to 140 lbs, but im 55, had a child and at the end of menopause, so im not expecting to have my teenage body back, because things have changed !" He calmly looked at me and said " You can do this if you really want to, just cut back a few more calories and exersize a bit more! " I love him to death, but seriously ? Did you not hear my reasons ? Anyhooooooo..........

I think you have to listen to your Dr, but just as important, listen to YOUR body ! You' ll know when your weight is "right"!

I have mine at 199. That is my first goal. To be in onderland after that I will set a new one.

I went by BMI. I kept putting in the weight until it got to normal weight. That's what I'm going for "normal". I'm not sure if I'll get there, but why not? I don't think I'm setting myself up for failure. I'm just trying to be normal.

I did the same as jamilyn. I looked up what a normal bmi for 5'2" and set that as my goal. Now that I am at goal, I find I can tweek that number, and if I continue to use the Protein first rule, then veggies, I feel I will go to the lower end of normal. I really would like to see if it will drop my blood pressure to a "normal level" and I can say this, I am no longer in daily chronic pain radiating from my back! What a blessing this has been! It has literally changed my outlook on life! And that's how I started the goal weight. I just refused to stress about it, as long as I was doing what I was supposed to do, the weight came off, at times slower than others- but hey, I have the rest of my life with the band...

OMG thank you everyone...wonderful ideas...I think I will ask my surgeon and see what he thinks...then move on from there...I just like seeing the smaller number on my ticker...now to get there. You ALL are so great on here thanks for the advice...it's helped a lot.