Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 1/2 weeks post op... I have a question!

Like I said I'm 4 1/2 weeks post op. I lost 27 lbs the first month, but now my weight hasn't moved at all this past week. I am following the doctors orders, drinking my fluids and I do spin class 3 days a week. Anyone have any ideas of why I would stall out so quickly? It's a little frustrating :angry:

Thanks!

I'm having the same issue, and we're far from alone. There are a number of posts on here about the stall that often occurs three or four weeks after surgery. I don't pretend to understand it, but I'm enduring it and hoping it ends soon!

After surgery, my weight dropped like a lead brick and then all of a sudden it stopped. I thought it was a little to early to reach a plateau. I looked over what I had been eating. The meal plan was so small in volume at that time that I decided that was not the culprit. I looked at the Protein requirement. I had been drinking 3 Protein shakes a day. When I added up all the calories I was taking it was still a little on the high side. I was using Muscle Milk Light which wasn't a bad shake. So I cut that down to 2 shakes a day and my weight started dropping off again. When I talked with the nutritionist a month later she was not upset. I was still consuming enough Protein to meet her bottom requirement.

So I would say if you hit a plateau, you might look at the calories on the protein side of the equation. There are many choices in Protein drinks. Some of the choices out there are even super concentrated. They may not taste good, but maximum Proteins with minimum calories at this stage can make a big difference in achieving a great weight loss.

There is no schedule for stalls. They are not uncommon in the time frame you're in but it's impossible to predict stalls with any degree of accuracy. Just keep doing what you're doing. Regardless of what your weight is doing - follow your plan. Forget about second guessing yourself. There are going to be times when your weight drops quickly, times when it drops more slowly, and times when it just refuses to move at all. Regardless of what your weight is doing, your response is a l w a y s the same - follow your plan. Every day you do that is a success worthy of celebrating. We all understand the temptation but judging your success by the number on the scale is always a bad idea. It's frustrating, discouraging, stressful and can be self-defeating. Trust the process, allow your body to find its own way in its own time, follow your plan and you're gonna love the new you!!

After surgery, my weight dropped like a lead brick and then all of a sudden it stopped. I thought it was a little to early to reach a plateau. I looked over what I had been eating. The meal plan was so small in volume at that time that I decided that was not the culprit. I looked at the Protein requirement. I had been drinking 3 Protein Shakes a day. When I added up all the calories I was taking it was still a little on the high side. I was using Muscle Milk Light which wasn't a bad shake. So I cut that down to 2 shakes a day and my weight started dropping off again. When I talked with the nutritionist a month later she was not upset. I was still consuming enough protein to meet her bottom requirement. So I would say if you hit a plateau, you might look at the calories on the protein side of the equation. There are many choices in Protein Drinks. Some of the choices out there are even super concentrated. They may not taste good, but maximum Proteins with minimum calories at this stage can make a big difference in achieving a great weight loss.

I'm not allowed protein shakes, so I know that isn't an issue. But, thank you all for responding. I will just be patient and keep following the plan.

I'm 2 months and 2 days and I have lost 50 lbs. the weight in the beginning went really quickly.... Within a week I had lost 20lbs... Then it just slowed. I wouldn't loose for a few days and then I'd drop 4lbs. Then I'd be at that weight for a week and then drop another 3-4lbs. It's been crazy but it's still coming off. It may seem like it's not coming off right but it is. Hang in there and you will see. Just keep following the diet.

Like I said I'm 4 1/2 weeks post op. I lost 27 lbs the first month, but now my weight hasn't moved at all this past week. I am following the doctors orders, drinking my fluids and I do spin class 3 days a week. Anyone have any ideas of why I would stall out so quickly? It's a little frustrating :angry:

Thanks!

I am 4 1/2 weeks post op and same thing has happened to me. stayed same weight for nearly 2 weeks. I was given a goal of loosing 8kilo by 3 June and it just wont happen, but to me, any loss is a loss, I am doing the right thing by exercising and eating the right thing, so he willl just have to be happy with that!