Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks post op and NO WEIGHT LOSS! help..im getting depressed!

Hello gals and guys!

Ok so I had my surgery March 24, 2014. I was losing weight rapidly. Im currently on my solid foods diet. So far I lost close to 25 pounds! But since last Monday my weight loss has just completely STOPPED...im eating between 750-1000 calories a day and excersing (treadmill) between 30 mins-1 hour three days a week and nothing. Its been the same for a week and half...I was like what.in.thee.hell is going on!!! Please help and tell me this is normal or something I need to be concerned about!

Search the site for the 3 week stall. This is probably the most often discussed subject here. Just know you are exactly where you are supposed to be.

Read, read, read.

I am sure you will get alot of responses to this. I am 5 weeks out, And after the 4the week I was the same weight for 6 days until today. I did everything I was supposed to.. My doctor said around the 1st month you will have a stall. Keep doing what you are doing.. Your body is trying to keep up with all the sudden weight loss so quickly. I am down 2 more lbs today, after no loss for over a week. This will happen from time to time. But, at least you are not gaining weight.. Good Luck!!

Hi,

I am no doctor but my surgery was on March 12th and at around the 4 week mark instead of losing a typical 6 pounds I only lost 1.8 and I think it has to do with the sodium content we eat. My first two weeks were high weight loss and most of it was Water I am sure. My PA told me that for every gram of glycerin in my muscles I had like 3 grams of Water. Once our two week 'liquied phase' is over with and we start to reintroduce some regular foods, Soups, etc. I think we also reintroduce sodium which helps us to retain water so again this is not a medical opinion but I think the stall is people losing fat but gaining water which leads to the scale sort of stuck until the water gain stops or balances out and then the scale starts to move again.

I'm pretty sure most of the other posters know more about this than I do but I swear I saw my mini stall happen when I went to soft foods and some sodium was reintroduced to my diet from literally like no sodium.

Just my opinion, like I 've posted before it's a marathon not a sprint. Look one year out not one week out.

Good luck!

I think that most of us get too caught up in pounds...first, you may have lots of Fluid from surgery, which takes a while to lose. Also hormones, Water retention, sex (male vs. female - males lose much faster in general), etc.

I was sleeved in December, and I too was a slow loser at first...but I am losing big. Everyone is different as to how their bodies lose...so dont compare to others...

Also, it is simple math. If you are taking in under 1000 or less calories, you WILL LOSE. The time table may sputter, start, slow, go fast, but it will happen. Compare your calories now to before surgery, and it is a simple math problem. I promise, it will come!!!

God bless.