Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Alex,

I like the idea of a support group here in Sonoma County, California. As of yet there is not a support group that all people can go to. I had my surgery at UC San Francisco. They have a support group once a month. Here in Sonoma,Napa and Marin counties you can only go to most support groups if you had your surgery with certain surgeons or at certain Hospitals. I had no choice where I was going to have surgery since I had Medicare. I was glad I had it there.Great place. It is a chore to go down to the City for a 6 PM meeting. It is an hour + drive plus bridge toll.

I would be willing to try being a leader for a support group. I would want help. Also if there is someone who wants to be a leader in this area I would be more that willing to help them. Let me know what you feel about this.

Pat

Hi Alex. I too live in SoCo. Got sleeved 3/24/14. Four weeks pit and returning to work tomorrow. I'm in Cloverdale, how about u? ☺

Meant to say 4 weeks OUT!

Please PM me if you'd like to lead or co-lead this support group!

Hi! I'm in Napa. 6 years out and struggling with some regain. I could REALLY use a support group :):)

Karin

Pfries62, veggiegal, gpippin66, Alex,

Hi, I just logged on and see now there are more of us. I am supposed to be going to be going to Healthy Steps support groups but haven't yet. After my four weeks off work I went straight back to work and have barely breathed since then (I returned April 20th)

I can meet in Santa Rosa pretty much any night. I work in Hbg, live in Cloverdale.

Sound good any/everyone?

Peace

Hi

Sun, Mon, or Tues day/nite works with my work schedule....

Karin

Hi Sun, Mon, or Tues day/nite works with my work schedule.... Karin

So anyone still looking to make a support group? VeggieGal, how are you doing?

I'm thinking like 6:30 in Santa Rosa somewhere on Mon or Tue night?

Any takers?

Hi

Scarlett Fire, I'm plugging along. I'm still not on track tho. I have no idea why I'm so rebellous and why I am sabatoging myself like this. I was fine for the first 3 years, then bam...off the deep end! I think if I could go back to basics and get rid of the sugar and crap, I'd be fine. May start losing again too! (what a concept!) Thinking of maybe pro shakes 2x a day would help.

Monday or Tues nite are fine with me. :)

Karin

I've heard good things about the Healthy Steps Support Group and I love Dr. Woodbury! Im in Mendocino County, so rarely make it down to your area - but glad to hear there may be a group forming!

~hiddn

<p><span style="font-size:14px;">Hi Alex,</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:14px;">I like the idea of a support group here in Sonoma County, California. As of yet there is not a support group that all people can go to. I had my surgery at UC San Francisco. They have a support group once a month. Here in Sonoma,Napa and Marin counties you can only go to most support groups if you had your surgery with certain surgeons or at certain Hospitals. I had no choice where I was going to have surgery since I had Medicare. I was glad I had it there.Great place. It is a chore to go down to the City for a 6 PM meeting. It is an hour + drive plus bridge toll.</span></p> <p> </p> <p><span style="font-size:14px;">I would be willing to try being a leader for a support group. I would want help. Also if there is someone who wants to be a leader in this area I would be more that willing to help them. Let me know what you feel about this.</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:14px;">Pat</span></p>

So Monday or Tuesday is looking okay for a few of us. Trouble is I have no experience "leading" a support group. Anyone want to be a leader? Maybe we don't need a leader though. Also, we need a space to meet. I live in Cloverdale. Any thoughts on where in Santa Rosa to meet?

The Dr Woodbury group I believe is for anyone in any stage of the journey, I don't think you need to be a patient. If that's true, that might be the answer. They are established, etc.. They meet monthly at Wells Fargo Center on the second Saturday after (or maybe before?) the monthly WLS seminars for those seeking info for surgery, which is a prerequisite for those just starting on the path.

<p><span style="font-size:14px;">Hi Alex,</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:14px;">I like the idea of a support group here in Sonoma County, California. As of yet there is not a support group that all people can go to. I had my surgery at UC San Francisco. They have a support group once a month. Here in Sonoma,Napa and Marin counties you can only go to most support groups if you had your surgery with certain surgeons or at certain Hospitals. I had no choice where I was going to have surgery since I had Medicare. I was glad I had it there.Great place. It is a chore to go down to the City for a 6 PM meeting. It is an hour + drive plus bridge toll.</span></p> <p> </p> <p><span style="font-size:14px;">I would be willing to try being a leader for a support group. I would want help. Also if there is someone who wants to be a leader in this area I would be more that willing to help them. Let me know what you feel about this.</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:14px;">Pat</span></p>

So Monday or Tuesday is looking okay for a few of us. Trouble is I have no experience "leading" a support group. Anyone want to be a leader? Maybe we don't need a leader though. Also, we need a space to meet. I live in Cloverdale. Any thoughts on where in Santa Rosa to meet?

The Dr Woodbury group I believe is for anyone in any stage of the journey, I don't think you need to be a patient. If that's true, that might be the answer. They are established, etc.. They meet monthly at Wells Fargo Center on the second Saturday after (or maybe before?) the monthly WLS seminars for those seeking info for surgery, which is a prerequisite for those just starting on the path.

These are peer-peer support groups. You don't need to know how to lead a group....we'll train you if you're interested. PM me if you'd like to lead please.

Hello WLS Friends:

I've just relocated to Sonoma County (08/01/2016) and would love to re-visit this thread about a local support group as I do not want to drive to SF.

Anyone interested?

I would be willing to rotate leading the group as I could use some support as am 5 months post gastric bypass surgery.

Thank you.

Kris