Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need motivation

Help help so I am 4 years out and I can't seem to get back in the swing of the gym. I go 2 x a week

I need more help ! I need to loose inches now and tone my mid section. I don't really eat as it is bit no weight loss for ever. I want to be 140 I need to loose 15. So what's the best calorie / toning workout. Help I am lost and depressed

Sometimes we just have to force ourselves to ho to the gym. Committ the days and time u want to work out at the beginning. of the week. I do better working out in the morning. I also am dragging either exercise lately.. But I know what works. I just to take action. !!!!!!!!!

Sometimes we just have to force ourselves to ho to the gym. Committ the days and time u want to work out at the beginning. of the week. I do better working out in the morning. I also am dragging either exercise lately.. But I know what works. I just to take action. !!!!!!!!!

i just feel so depressed !!! have 2 dam bellies and i want to be 15 lbs lighter and i serously barley eat !!! my body is just set where it is i was 241 now 152 unless its that time . but i have the mid pouch that wont go away .. whats you best exersisw to do

I knew working out was going to be the hardest part for me because let's face it - the gym is BORING! Or it was for me, it was a task on my to do list. I bought a 10 package class at a dance studio for Zumba classes and never looked back. Now I LOVE going! Look around on groupon/amazon and try some new things - maybe cross fit, barre classes or even golf? Change directions and see where it takes you.

I would look into a class or if you are really committed hire a trainer. That will get you fired up and on track.

Well one of the greatest excuse reducers I've found is YouTube. Yeah, I can do a search and find any type of exercise I want. I'm 6 days post op and found Leslie Sansone's walk off the pounds. Great exercise? She has a 1,2,3,4,5 mile walks.

I also purchased a weighted hula hoop from Walmart on line. It was $19.99. It even comes with the workout video. Should help with your waistline.

Happy Trails.

I need to do better with exercise, too. If I'd been working out, I could've been in Onederland by now. Alas, four pounds away.

I play "Blurred Lines" repeatedly and dance my now sexy butt around the house. That song and some others in a playlist, and it helps.

Try some music that makes you feel 'hot.' :-)

"Sweetsuzzie"......I know when I miss a day or two of exercise, I get pretty bummed out as well. Then after several missed in a row, your body can start missing that endorphen rush that makes us feel so good and one can get depressed so to speak. When one gets depressed, they don't feel like exercising and it can spiral out of control and before you know, a person can quickly go months without true exercise....which is not good. My advice, set a goal, find a type of exercise you'll enjoy, find a way to motivate yourself and get started. Once all of these happen, you'll likely get back into the swing of things and you'll make it a priority for yourself. It's never too late. Wish you the best!

:)

Also...once you set some more specific goals in regards to fitness, you may find exact exercises that are best for you. Like do you want to just work on physique, atheltic performance, etc?

"Sweetsuzzie"......I know when I miss a day or two of exercise, I get pretty bummed out as well. Then after several missed in a row, your body can start missing that endorphen rush that makes us feel so good and one can get depressed so to speak. When one gets depressed, they don't feel like exercising and it can spiral out of control and before you know, a person can quickly go months without true exercise....which is not good. My advice, set a goal, find a type of exercise you'll enjoy, find a way to motivate yourself and get started. Once all of these happen, you'll likely get back into the swing of things and you'll make it a priority for yourself. It's never too late. Wish you the best!

Also...once you set some more specific goals in regards to fitness, you may find exact exercises that are best for you. Like do you want to just work on physique, atheltic performance, etc?

"Sweetsuzzie"......I know when I miss a day or two of exercise, I get pretty bummed out as well. Then after several missed in a row, your body can start missing that endorphin rush that makes us feel so good and one can get depressed so to speak. When one gets depressed, they don't feel like exercising and it can spiral out of control and before you know, a person can quickly go months without true exercise....which is not good. My advice, set a goal, find a type of exercise you'll enjoy, find a way to motivate yourself and get started. Once all of these happen, you'll likely get back into the swing of things and you'll make it a priority for yourself. It's never too late. Wish you the best!

Also...once you set some more specific goals in regards to fitness, you may find exact exercises that are best for you. Like do you want to just work on physique, athletic performance, etc?

Sorry for the multiple posts.....computer fart....... :blush:

I could come chase you if you want :D

Seriously, though - if you can get a trainer that might help, even if it's just for a few sessions. My gym sells personal training in packages, and I'd kinda stopped showing up for a while. I bought a package of 6 sessions when they went on sale, and I feel like a complete jerk if I cancel on her...plus, if you just don't show up, you don't get your money back. At least it gets me in the door, and once I'm there I'm more likely to do stuff.

Sometimes we need a carrot, sometimes we need a stick, lol.

I agree with the trainer idea -- I splurged on ME and bought a package of 8 sessions. I can use them any time I want but I'm going once a week and working out with Amy -- then 2-3 times during the week on my own. It's been really good to get some new exercises and knowing I'll be seeing Amy makes me more motivated to show up even those in between visits.

Instead of being in the gym, how about being outside? Doing things outside like gardening, picking your own veggies, walking, biking?