Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite Motovational quote

Sometimes I like to read motivational quotes. They keep me inspired. I read one today that struck a chord with me. "I can accept failure. People fail all the time. I can't accept not trying." - Micheal Jordan. I think it struck me because I could not justify not trying everything in my power to lose the weight and get healthy after years of struggling. I'm 4 weeks out and I'm so glad that I have done this for myself. I wish I did it sooner. What are your favorite quotes?

Michael Jordan has some awesome quotes...there was one about how many times he shot to the basket without it going in, versus points on the board...which basically came down to the same thing... the only way to succeed, is to try...

I like "whether you think you can, or your think you can't; either way you're right"

That is a good quote. Mine is rooted in the story of the three frogs sitting on a log:

Three frogs are sitting on a log, and one decides to jump into the pond, how many frogs left on the log?

Three

The frog made the decision to jump in the pond, but hasn't actually done it. We can make decisions to do all sort of things, but until we actually do it ... Which leads to my favorite quote:

Things only change when we make a change

Love this quote. Our mindset is so key to losing weight and taking action. I have "tried, and retried" to lose weight ..only to gain it back.. However, this retrying has brought me to where I am today. I would not have had the sleeve if it were nit for my retries. I always knew I would never give up trying to be at a normal , healthy weight, no matter how exhausting it was over as time went on. The sleeve is so different than being on my previous diets... And the biggest difference is my hunger. The sleeve has really diminished most of my hunger pangs. And I finally can feel satisfied with eating a healthy meal without stuffing myself with food junk. I feel like a normal person now. A person who can live lied without always obsessing on my next diet. I have no regrets with having this sleeve. I wish I had done it earlier ..but it was meant to be ..I had not even heard of the sleeve surgery 4 months before I had the surgery. My friend had the sleeve and when she told me that she has maintained her weight for over a year., ( she yoyo'd like me). I was very excited to find out more. To those who are still struggling ..your efforts will pay off one day.

I don't look at quotes very often, but I like the one you put in this post. I too am 4 weeks out today and I am very happy that I did this for myself, and now I have no excuse to not give it my all. I have gone through a very rough 4 weeks, but I am pushing through all that has happen and I am going to keep going!!! Stay strong, cause your the only one that can make this change in your life!!! Good Luck!!!

Life is a verb, not a noun.

Mine is on my profile page...

"You've got what it takes but it will take everything you've got"

I liked Dana's quote. One of my own is "A snack is a noun, not a verb." Maybe not what you meant by inspirational, but it's inspirational to me!

Mine is:

Don't let good stand in the way of great.

"Don't waste time or time will waste you" - Muse (Knights of Cydonia)

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."

- Robert Frost. (This one really speaks to me.)

One of my favorites. "Just thinking about going to workout burns zero to zero calories". Gets me motivated to start moving!!

One of my top favorites is by Winston Churchill:

Never, never, never give up.

"If it's both terrifying and amazing, than you should pursue it. ". Love this one also

My favorite is from the movie "Rocky Balboa"

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!"

I love Rocky! Next time I'm in Philly I'm gonna run up the art museum steps and hopefully not be out of breath like I was the last time. Lol