Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

congratulations,the worst is over! i am in the northeast too, West Haven,CT. would love to chat with u. have a reat day!

<p>congratulations,the worst is over! i am in the northeast too, West Haven,CT. would love to chat with u. have a reat day!</p>

Hi Martha nice to see some one else from CT I'm in waterbury

i meant pm bu ti didnt get to th eputer til lnow. so when is ur surgery sheduled for? i am awaiting approval by medicare-medicaid. should know i n a week or two accordin gto the dr's secretary. ihope i can have surgery soon.

I am in South Jersey Area... was sleeved on 12/11/13 (4 months out) had it done at Salem Hospital.
congrats on your new life!!!

congratulations on ur surgery and wt. loss. what have u leaerned that is the most im[rotant thing ht e reest of us hsould know aboot diet and eating? i aaam awaiting approval from insurance for revision surgery after a gastric bypass...lapabnding.thanks

I live in delco too. Had surgery on 3/17/14 at Penn

congratulations on ur surgery and wt. loss. what have u leaerned that is the most im[rotant thing ht e reest of us hsould know aboot diet and eating? i aaam awaiting approval from insurance for revision surgery after a gastric bypass...lapabnding.thanks

Hi Martha - not sure who you were asking, so i thought i would just reply.

In my 4 months I have learned to take ONE day at a time but always pre plan your day. Make sure you always have "go to foods"... and CHEW CHEW CHEW... and then chew some more, and right before you swallow, give it one more chew haha But if you are chewing something and you think you’re going to be sick, spit it OUT... OH and ALWAYS eat the best piece FRIST cause you might be full before you get to it...

if you mess up, acknowledge it and move on don’t sit there & beat yourself up. There are going to be days were you don’t get in all your fluids or Protein, just try to do better the next day – Keep a log you might be doing better then you think.

Try not to get upset when you stall... it’s going to happen... that’s the truth! Just because you are not losing pounds doesn’t mean you aren’t losing inches…

Take pictures & measurements every step of the way, so you can look back & see how far you have come… I wish I kept a better log and took more pictures during my process… I did take pictures of the scale when I hit milestones & its nice to look back & see the date of the weight & see how far I have come…

This is not a race.... it’s a journey to becoming healthy and learning to break old habits. :D Good luck to you all !!!!

thanks for u r response and ur advice. congrats on all ur efforts and succeses.ur turnig the world upside down! one meal adn one pound ata time. want to d oi t soon here.i cant wait! Lastnight i found out my daddd is dying and i hvae eaten too much and i have been gainig again. ipray it will stop.but i know i cant be dietin gnow.will look for u again skinnygirlwithin.love adn peace

Please PM me if you'd like to lead or co-lead this support group!

Sleeved Aug 7th 2013 live in Delaware county pa sleeved at fitz Gerald mercy hospital Dr ramachandra

Edited by Bellanthin

I'm in Wilmington, DE. I'm due to be sleeved on July 24.

I live in Philadelphia, I had a lap-band in 2009, I just was sleeved on June 2. 3 days out doing well trying to stay hydrated. I stayed an extra day in the hospital because I was dehydrated.

Northeast Philadelphia. Scheduled for June 5th at Jeanes Hospital for sleeve. Nervous, excited. Just trying to prepare.