Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If I didn’t have a sense of humor, I could never have survived 60 years of living, including 2+ decades of morbid obesity and the 6+ years of my WLS journey. Don’t get me wrong – I took my band (and later, my sleeve) surgery very seriously because I felt that this was my very last chance to get healthy – but laughter is part of what makes my life happy, and makes it much easier to bear my ridiculous fear of starving to death.

Today’s episode is: I’M GONNA STARVE! That title is exactly what I thought in the beginning about my post-op life – Deprivation! Suffering! Starvation! I know I’m not alone in this because through the years I’ve seen so many posts on the “When will this get easier?” theme.

To reach the easier part of my WLS journey, I had to do some mental, emotional and spiritual fine-tuning. The idea of a middle-class woman living in a rich and obese country like the USA actually starving to death was and is absurd. Absurdity is ideal material for a comic strip. I hope you’ll get a laugh or two from I’M GONNA STARVE.

I'm Gonna Starve!

I have some doggies treats in my purse...hmmmm ;)

OK sadly I have been "feeling" that way lately! I know it's just my stress levels and trust me I'm working on them...but right now it's nose to the grind stone. In the middle of a new job role on a big project push...hubs going for surgery, kids in different levels of adult melt down modes, and trying to lose weight...yeah right!

My conscious mind is saying you just ate your meal....and the rest of me is yelling "but I'm starving!!!"

Cute!! :)

if one is truly hungry (and its not head (thinking we are because hub is eating my beloved BBQ chips) or i am bored or p*issy due to PMS, than i eat...i have learned that food is not the issue.....the issue is a combo of the calories in vs calories out......and me making the better food choices..not i am not always perfect and i do not deprive or do without..

but i know (thanks to a 4 1/2 all liquid pre and post op) that me not eating will not kill me or i wont starve.....LOL

great post jeannie

loved it

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!