Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Days post lapband surgery. Can not sleep. Is anyone e'se up?

Hello fellow night owls. A little snippet of my story.... Over weight my whole life, entire family is over weight, mother and brother in law are banded. Husband is in great shape. I have done years of research and finally made it happen!! Very excited about my journey, but am in so much pain and discomfort, it actually had me weeping! Having given birth to 4 beautiful and healthy children, it takes a lot to make me cry. I am very aware that you get referred pain from the stomach/ diaphragm area due to either or hernia repair, gas, or just pressure from being swollen. I feel like my shoulder has been dislocated and someone keeps trying to reset it!! For the love of all thats good, someone please tell me this ends soon..... I am prepared for hurdles, but pain meds (which I am no fan of) aren't even touching it probably because it is pressure. Has anyone else experienced this? Please let me know your experiences.

Regards,

MrsPJ

Believe me when I tell you that the pain and discomfort passes. Patience, walking and keeping ahead of it all with the meds. They may not seem to be working right now, but if you keep on top of it, it will kick in. Life without them right now would be much worse!

It takes over a week to begin to feel normal. A slow process that needs your hard work and input constantly to make it succeed. You got this. You know you do. I'm living proof that this was the best decision I've ever made. I don't regret one day. But remember: garbage in, garbage out. You'll get what you give, so give it all you have and this process will give it back ten-fold. I promise.

I am 2 weeks post op and I know the pain all to well you talking about. It seemed to me that after the 5th day it seemed to get better, but would get the shoulder pain once in a while. The following helped me: get up and walk every hour, heating pad for my shoulder, ice packs for my stomach and chewable gas-x. Also liquid extra strength Tylenol. I was Ali very constipated the first three days which lead to a lot of pressure so I used Miralax. Hope this helps.

Thank you all for your kind words and support. Your input has really helped. Last night was a magnesium citrate kind of a night, but tonight is looking better already. Thanks again and goodnight.