Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you mindme asking what dr Ortiz is charging? I've been quoted $4400.00 from Dr. Elias Ortiz.

I've era do lot of reviews and he seems very well respected. I'm thinking of going in mid-late July. Just trying to get the nerve to pay the deposit and book the date....

Do you mindme asking what dr Ortiz is charging? I've been quoted $4400.00 from Dr. Elias Ortiz.< /p>

I've era do lot of reviews and he seems very well respected. I'm thinking of going in mid-late July. Just trying to get the nerve to pay the deposit and book the date....

Hi, I am seeing Dr. Ariel Ortiz. Which surgery are you having? I believe the gastric sleeve is about that price, I am having the plication, and the plication looks to be significantly more expensive than the sleeve.

Hi everyone,

I am from Calgary and decided to pay for my lapband surgery. I was referred to the weight management program in Calgary, and gave up with them when I found out that I was looking at 5 to 7 years before I would be considered for WLS. I figured I would be dead by then.

I had my surgery performed at Smart Shape in Mississauga at the end of January 2014.

Is there any reimbursement through Alberta Health Care?

Yes. Not a lot. But better than nothing. When I looked into self pay a couple years ago I was told about $800 reimbursement. You should call ahc and find out what you need to do.

Hey ladies I'm from Drayton valley! I'm scheduled for surgery on July 25 with dr.almanza in Mexico! I too started the weight wise clinics but felt like they were pushing me for surgery and at the time I wasn't ready! But finally made my decision a month and a bit ago after a lot of research and here I am only 18 days left! Eeekk :)

Exciting. You will do great!

Exciting. You will do great!

Thanks!! I sure hope so! Ha ha

Hi all. I live in Red Deer. I had my VGS March 18 2013. I started out at 200lbs the day I had my surgery. I am also 5' tall. I was down to 135-138 lbs by Sept. I stayed at that weight for the next 5 months. I went to Mexico to Dr Almanza for my sleeve. I then went to see a surgeon for the Excess skin removal. His name is Dr Sauceda who is also in Mexico. I had. Lower body lift breast lift with implants, long thigh lift and arm lift. I couldn't believe that in less then. Year I could have my dreams come true. Good luck to each and everyone of you on this in redo le journey.

Miss Bean, how did you find your skin removal surgery? I am contemplating having it done also by possibly the same doctor. I hear he does amazing work and great minimal scarring.

Sorry for taking so long. I didn't have any problems with the surgery. I thought it would be really painful but it wasn't. I work in a huge kitchen so I took extra time off. I didn't want to take the chance of opening anything up. My only regret is I didn't tell him soon enough and he didn't have time to do my neck. Now I'm going back for that and get my eyelids done.

post-171922-0-24958700-1406011618_thumb.jpg

post-171922-0-85342200-1406011629_thumb.jpg

post-171922-0-42692500-1406011643_thumb.jpg

post-171922-0-28099800-1406011664_thumb.jpg

post-171922-0-04457400-1406011748_thumb.jpg

Sorry if anyone is offended by my nude one but I wanted you to see how it was. That was about 2 or 3 weeks later.

Hi, I'm in Calgary and going to Tijuana via San Diego for Gastric Sleeve surgery later this month.

I'm excited/nervous/hopeful/scared/optimistic

Hi, I'm in Calgary and going to Tijuana via San Diego for Gastric Sleeve surgery later this month. I'm excited/nervous/hopeful/scared/optimistic

Congrats and good luck! I had mine done two weeks ago in Tj! There was a few days at the beginning that I wondered if I made the right choice, but now I'm sure I did ! What doctor ?