Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery scheduled for May 15! Yikes!

Anyone getting banded in May?? I'm nervous and excited at the same time! I don't start my preop diet until May 1.....

I heard that's one of the hardest periods for many, and I'm hoping it's a breeze. It's hard to figure out the Protein Shake thing! Any suggestions on tolerable products? I'm such a picky eater! I hope I can find a good tasting one.

Congrats! I'm hoping I can have my surgery that soon. Maybe June, so I'll be a month behind you. I was just reading the food and nutrition section on this site. There were a few forums on Protein Shakes and pre op that might be helpful for you.

Hi, I am getting banded May 22nd and just ordered Unjury chocolate shakes because you put a scoop in milk and it is supposed to taste like chocolate milk and has 20 grams of Protein per scoop..I understand how you are feeling...I hope I can be strong on my 2 week fast coming up soon...I am looking forward to getting banded but nervous at the same time...Good luck with your fasting and surgery...

Unjury chocolate online is my favorite, followed by Atkins dark chocolate. I mix Unjury with Water, and it's rich enough for me that way. Good luck!

Pure Protein Shakes from Walmart are only 120 calories and 1 gram of sugar, but they are pretty good already prepared so easy to take to work with me. hope that helps...best wishes on your upcoming journey...we will be right beside you silverclipse and georgeann334!!! will keep you both in my thoughts!!!

I'm getting banded May 8! We can be band buddies!!

I being banded 5/14 the day before yours. I actually had a date last Sept and started my pre op diet. Day 3 of pre op diet I went for pre surgical testing and found out I was 14 weeks pregnant. OMG! So, I delivered 6 weeks ago and now I am ready to shed the extra weight. Thankfully, I gained 25 lbs with my pregnancy and have lost all of it!

Congrats...i just learned i am due for surgery

May20 and am going preop diet MAy5.am nervous about it,will i have gnawing hunger and blow it?

Thanks Mikee57...I had to reschedule my surgery until the end of June/ beginning of July. School gets out for me June 26th so I I have until September to recuperate. I would have missed so many days of school otherwise...I hope to shrink this liver and stomach until then...

Martha, yes, you'll have gnawing hunger. For a couple of days. Then it will get easier. No, you won't blow it. You'll get support and encouragement from all of us. We're gonna do this!

I am wishing the best to all the May banders...we will be waiting for you on the otherside...as for your pre-op diets and how long they are...you all will do just fine...I was happy that my surgeon put me on the Sugar Busters diet...I am praying for all of you that have to do the liquid diets prior to surgery!!!

Surgery scheduled for May 5th. I am in my third day of pre op diet. So far OK. I am drinking the Premier shakes from costco and Sam's Club - I think they are good. I just cannot take drinking the broth makes me want to gag.

thanks and keep those prayers coming ...Godknows i am a grateful believer! did u ever notiiiiiice when ulay down on the operating table,it's in the shape of a cross?