Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the ones who got sleeved the first week in april?

Wondering how people who got sleeved this month are doing? I was sleeved Monday . I have a nagging pain on my right side and I'm constantly walking and sipping . Can't sit comfortable in a chair. Laying on back, walking, or standing is how I get through the day .

I'm actually feeling very well. My surgery was 4-1 and I was home on 4-2. I had almost no pain whatsoever. The week of Clear liquids was not fun. Towards the 6th or 7th day I was very hungry. I was able to walk about 3/4 mile on 4-3 and as of today, I'm back at the gym doing 45 minutes of cardio (treadmill and elliptical) I don't know how much weight I have lost, but it feels significant. Scheduled for my 2 week postop on Monday. The full liquid diet from day 7-14 has not been terrible. Protein shakes and cream based Soups have been enough to satisfy me. Definitely looking forward to progressing to soft mushy foods on day 14. Good luck.

Hi I just got sleeved on April 7 went home on the 8th still on Clear Liquids till Saturday I can start on Protein .

I was sleeved on Monday April 7 because I couldn't hold down any liquids or medications I had to stay until Wednesday. I feel OK today just very very tired and jittery. I have zero appetite or even head hunger....yet lol

I was done April 2'and doing wonderful but this head hunger I could so do without !! Started walking the last two days 3 miles each day down about 20 lbs feeling well!! How is everyone else doing!!

I was sleeved on the Monday the 7th. Could've gone home on Tuesday but I was miserable so I stayed till Wednesday. Felt better today than I have. Walked for 30 mins yesterday and today. Getting tired of the same ole Protein Shakes though. Looking forward to puréed next week just for a change. Not hungry though. Belly is still quite sore and have trouble sleeping. Haven't taken anything except Tylenol since I got home. Can't wait till I'm completely healed!

Honestly, I was never the one for handling pain. Gas pain is terrible. Anyone have trouble with flem inside your throat? I swear to god, that's the thing that gets me. PHLEM. <3 But three days out of surgery -- (got sleeved on wednesday 9th) and I feel better than I thought I'd feel? I am very sore around my belly, it hurts to walk, but I try to walk as much as I can. <3

I was sleeved on Tuesday the 8th and home by Wednesday. Haven't really had problems with nauseousness which I thank God for because that is one thing that really freaks me out. I have had really bad pain on my left side of my stomach which I was told was normal because that's where they do most of the work. It was strange because my right side didn't hurt at all. Pain meds have really taken care of the pain and knock me out so sleeping has been ok. Yesterday had the misfortune of reading a person's story who had very bad complications 15 days post op and it freaked me out and made me start imagining that I had all her symptoms then just when I began to tell myself you are doing ok I began having like the beginning of a Charlie horse pain on my left calf and because of that began to think I have a blood clot on my leg. Needless to say I am freaking out and watching myself and any ache or pain closely. Also so far the worst thing about the recovery is not being able to eat anything but clear liquids. It sucks!!..and I won't see my doctor until 2 weeks post op because he is on vacation. I'm thinking of advancing to full liquids 1 week post op. I'm also having trouble getting 64oz of liquids and any Protein.< /p>

5 days post op and finally was able to sleep a full night with no med start my Protein today , no pain thank god and going to start to walk on a tread mill today, not sure for how long. When I went to the bathroom in the middle of the night I had about a ounce of diet snapple to make sure my tummy was not empty for very long periods. I did wake up a bite light headed which by be dehydration .

HI all,

I am three days post op, I feel I can drink far too much. I am on full liquids and was able to drink a whole cup of Soup for dinner. I was definitely satisfied with the cup, but am worried I do not have enough restriction. I am a bit worried that I may be one of the statistics that a sleeve doesn't work for. I know it's very early days but it's hard not to worry.

Micheal read I haven't reached my 64 oz Fluid goal yet either . I was sleeved on the 7th . I've been getting up early and start sipping and each day I'm able to get more in . Yesterday I was up to 48 . I can tolerate Vitamin Water best. I won't be on Protein Shakes until Monday . I also liked the chicken Soup Unjury with Protein .

I was sleeved on the 7th and am feeling great so far. I am so thankful that I experienced no nausea or pain what so ever. Everyone that I said it doesn't change your desire for food is right though. Even though I have no hunger, when I smell food it is still torturous. Hoping that once I start losing that all the benefit will reduce the head hunger:)

I was sleeved on the April 2 able to finally get the Protein Down still not up to 64 oz of Fluid feel great!!!!