Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I see so many people for 4/23 including myself.. Anyone else feel like this is so surreal? I sometimes have to remind myself of my decision to do this.

I am on my 2 week diet and my dr's office does it strict Protein Shake for 2 weeks, with other liquids but no food. I haven't been handling this so good, and cheated twice with just another Protein (eggs, and piece of cheese). I got my period (i know TMI) and I think that is making it worse for me, the headaches are sooo bad, and I'm so moody.

Let's keep this thread going so we can all follow each other's progress.

Also I understand that if I"m struggling now, how will I handle after surgery questions.. But my logic is after surgery I won't be physically hungry. I mean I'm starving.

Good luck to us all!!!

I am also April 23rd.

Unfortunately, there was a problem with my bloodwork so I am really hoping that does not delay things.

My pre surgical diet as not as strict as others. I still get to chew a little. Breakfast is a Protein shake, I have been doing Premier Protein. Mid morning snack is a fruit (apple, pear or orange). lunch is a tossed salad with leafy greens, any non starchy vegetables, 6 oz of lean Protein and 2 TBS of sugar free dressing. Mid afternoon snack is a fruit. dinner is a Protein Shake. Evening snack is also a Protein Shake. I also need to drink 64oz of Water a day.

I am so excired for this new way of life, I cannot wait!

My surgery date is also April 23rd. I am getting a bit nervous but yet so ready to start a new good chapter in my life. My daughter had the sleeve done a year ago and she looks fabulous today. I hope to look as good as she and others that have had it done too.

Good Luck to you all on your new journey, can't wait to be on the losers bench with ya'll :)

Hi! My surgery is scheduled for the 23rd too! I just found out yesterday. I start my pre-op diet Monday... two shakes, one meal every day. I'm excited and nervous. Mostly because I know this is going to be a drastic lifestyle change!

Hi Everyone! My surgery date is April 23rd as well. I am currently on a high-protein liquid diet for the 2 weeks before my surgery. I find it very interesting that so many people having the same surgery have so many different lengths and types of pre-op diets. I really want to cheat but I know this is just the beginning and I have to stay strong. I have found I really like the chocolate muscle milk lite drinks and the cheesecake Jello pudding. I've been working late this week so it's been a little easier to follow my diet. I have so much anxiety and excitement, I hope I am doing the right thing. I really do enjoy hearing how I'm not alone in this battle. Thank you to you all!

Hi everybody!! My surgery is April 25th & I CANNOT WAIT! But this liquid diet is killing me. I'm soo hungry ????

I cheated today... Uuugh! And I cheated BADDD. I had honey chicken with a little white rice. OMG.. It tasted AMAZING. But the guilt was so overwhelming. I MUST keep my eyes on the goal. I think this would be a lot easier if I didn't have to cook for my family every night. I have a husband, 11 year old and 1 & 2 yro toddlers. Does anyone else have to cook for others while on the liquid diet?

I cheated today... Uuugh! And I cheated BADDD. I had honey chicken with a little white rice. OMG.. It tasted AMAZING. But the guilt was so overwhelming. I MUST keep my eyes on the goal. I think this would be a lot easier if I didn't have to cook for my family every night. I have a husband, 11 year old and 1 & 2 yro toddlers. Does anyone else have to cook for others while on the liquid diet?

I do. I have a 6 year old and 3 year old it's hard. Pre op was today and all drs do it different. We will be ok. Day before counts the most.

I am cooking for my family too... There are six of us. I made muffins Saturday and Mac and cheese from scratch Sunday. I didn't have any of either but I would have liked too. ;-)

I have to keep telling myself: you chose this.

-MM

We are all getting so close. My nerves have kicked in! I hope you all are doing well. Happy Easter.

I can't believe how fast it went by!! This weekend has been rough for sticking to the preop diet for me. Lots of cooking for my family, lots of Easter goodies!!

-MM

Just one more day!

:-)

-MM

It's today! I have to be at the hospital in 3 hours, surgery scheduled for noon. I'm equal parts nervous and excited!

-MM