Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Missouri....St. Charles County Sleevers

Is there anyone out there from the St. Charles County area of Missouri???? I would love to have someone to be a local buddy. Dr. Mario Morales will be doing my VSG at DePaul hopefully in the next 4-6 weeks.

Hi! I'm kind of new here, but I'm in St. Louis County and will be having my VSG at Des Peres on May 14th. I actually live about a mile away from DePaul. :)

You too!! Let me know when you get a date! Nice to find someone local :)

I will let you know for sure. Endoscopy is Thursday.

Cathy where do you live? I'm in Creve Coeur.

Hi Neighbor! I'm in Maryland Heights.

Hi Everyone! I live in the metro east but I work in the CWE. Good luck to everyone!

Hi All... Just posted to another site similar to this thread.... I live in St Peters, and would love to meet up somewhere for a support group. I had my sleeve surgery on Feb 4, 2014 through Des Peres Hospital. Dr. Scott was my surgeon. He is the only reason I went there. I do not go out there for the support groups as they really. Don't fit my schedule. However I do feel it is much needed in order to have success . Is anyone interested in meeting? I will be happy to get something together if anyone is interested. Let me know. Thanks.

Cathylymn1....is Dr. Scott going your surgery? He did my sleeve on 2/4/14. He is very good! Stay in touch and let me know how things are going. Also if you have any questions as I am just a couple months ahead of you!

patt0122 I would love to meet and start a support group out this way. I am in the anxiously waiting stage to get final word from my insurance company. My surgery will be at DePaul and it is fine for the surgery but will not work for their support groups.

Cathylymn1....is Dr. Scott going your surgery? He did my sleeve on 2/4/14. He is very good! Stay in touch and let me know how things are going. Also if you have any questions as I am just a couple months ahead of you!

Hi patt0122...Dr. Ricks is doing mine. The office has been really nice and helpful so far. DePaul is actually closer for me, but all the support groups were during the day, so I wouldn't be able to go. It's exciting & kind of scary too!

Hi CathyLynn....I have heard good things about Dr Ricks as well. You will do just fine. I was actually shocked at how easy the actual surgery was. I also had a hernia repaired at the time of surgery. When I left the hospital they sent me on my way with a pain med, nausea med, and an antacid. I only filled the pain and nausea meds, and have not taken either since I have been home. Did not need any of it!

I will tell you to stock up on Popsicles!!! This has been, and still is my saving grace. For me, I was not able to drink the amt of Water I was accustom to, and the Popsicles really helped. Also, I am such a picky, picky eater......again, the Popsicles saved me when I was on straight liquids. I can't stand any of the drops you put in Water. I like my water plain. Also I was a huge Diet Pepsi drinker......so all I was able to do was sip water.....again.....Popsicles.

One thing......I tried Schnucks, Shop n' Save and Dierbergs dor sugar free Bomb Pops (this is what the have at the hospital, and my favorite), but I could not find sugar free. I went ahead and got the regular, as they are only 40 calories. Since you are not getting much in the first couple weeks, I did not feel it mattered. I have lost 52lbs, and stii continue to eat the regular bomb pops. Every time I buy the, I do look for sugar free, but I have yet to be able to find them. I think I will be able to get them, as the warmer weather gets here.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Pat, I too love the bomb pops. I get mine at schnucks and the 2 times I bought them I got the last box! I can't even stock up! They must be popular!?