Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am pre-op (two more weeks!) but would love to participate in a Denver/ Denver Metro area Local Chapter!

I'd probably attend at least one? It's the facility access that would be problematic I think. There's already a number of support groups that meet monthly but none associated with this site.

I'd probably attend at least one? It's the facility access that would be problematic I think. There's already a number of support groups that meet monthly but none associated with this site.

Agreed! I would also attend...but if I'm honest, I with surgery coming up, I probably couldn't organize it

Hi everyone,

I might be interested in leading / hosting a group (North Denver). Currently, I attend a support group that meets once a month at the Good Samaritan Hospital / Kaiser Permanente Rock Creek facility off of 287 in Lafayette. However, it starts early (4:30pm) & I feel can be tough for some to attend.

I'm definitely out-going, personable, and most importantly, a big advocate for helping / supporting people in our weight loss journey. This is a life-long journey, and let's face it, encouragement & moral support is huge!

I'm quite comfortable leading discussions as I co-lead team projects as a Kaizen facilitator at my job. I would certainly consider any training that would help me become a better group leader. Who knows, I might have a career change? :)

Alex, as interest increases & things get more organized, please consider me for the North Denver area.

Warm Regards,

Fran

Edited by Domika03

Fran, who hosts the Good Sam meetings? Is Dr. Johnell involved? I understand he closed down the bariatric center in Greeley? I'm in Thornton so I might like to check it out.

Edited by 2muchfun

It's hosted by St Joseph's hospital, in conjunction with Kaiser. Anyone can attend. My surgeon was Dr Farah Hussein.

The next meeting is Wednesday, April 30th. We have a great group of people there now.

BTW, I'm in Westminster.

Edited by Domika03

Sounds good. I may show up. I need a kick in the butt to get back on the wagon full time.

I hope to see you there!

Please PM me if you'd like to lead or co-lead this support group!

Great news my Denver friends. I will be working towards leading / starting a support group in the North Denver area, hopefully within the next 45 - 90 days.

Please stay tuned for updates as I work to find us a central location. I live in the Westminster / Broomfield area, and will be looking in the surrounding areas for possible locations. I'm open to suggestions & appreciate any / all positive feedback.

Looking forward to meeting you & helping to support one another!

Kind Regards

Fran

<p>Great news my Denver friends. I will be working towards leading / starting a support group in the North Denver area, hopefully within the next 45 - 90 days. </p> <p> </p> <p>Please stay tuned for updates as I work to find us a central location. I live in the Westminster / Broomfield area, and will be looking in the surrounding areas for possible locations. I'm open to suggestions & appreciate any / all positive feedback.</p> <p> </p> <p>Looking forward to meeting you & helping to support one another! </p> <p> </p> <p>Kind Regards</p> <p>Fran</p>

Thank you, Fran! Weather permitting we could walk during our gatherings at one of the many trails! The trail around Eastlake (128th & York) is about 1.75 miles. We could meet there until we find a location. I'll also check with my church at 120th & Lowell,

Hi Grassmom (love the name, LOL),

I have a phone conference scheduled with the administrator of a church on 144th / close to Huron, tomorrow. I believe she'll want to meet in person so I can tell her about the support group & what its about. The Pastor told me they would even need to run a background check on me, to ensure safety, of course. Fortunately, that's not an issue for me :)

I'll let you know what she says tomorrow, but yes, please reach out to your church as well. It couldn't hurt.

Appreciate the help.

Talk to you soon, thanks.

Fran

Hi Fran,

If you need any help trying to put this together please let me know. I wouldn't be able to be a leader but I would love to be a co-leader. I live in south Denver but I don't mind driving to Westminster for this.

Thanks,

Angela

Thanks Angela, that's great!

I have a one on one meeting with Discovery Church next Friday, the 9th, at 11am. It was the earliest we could meet with both our schedules. Hoping it goes well.

Will keep everyone posted!

If anyone is interested, I just created a private support group called Mission Slimpossible on Facebook. I made it private because not every one has told their friends about their WLS, myself included. The purpose is simply to provide support to pre & post op WLS people, similar to this website, but on FB.

Why not just use this website? You could. It's just that some of us are a little more obsessed with FB than we should be (I'm blushing), and access it a lot more than this site (I'm still blushing). No other reason than that really.

It's not just for those of us in Denver, so please feel free to share it with others. I hope to also share recipes, something I seem to be a bit crazed about these days.

Hope to see you there!!!