Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Fran,

I won't be able to make Wed meetings for the summer or fall but I would definitely join them for the winter.

Thanks!

I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe if we do outside activities, as time/weather/schedule permits, you can join us until then. I will continue to post about those on the FB page.

I'm OK for Wed's

This goes out to my CO ladies:

I found a bag with some size 16, 14 & even 12 pants. There may be a few shirts in there too. I usually donate everything to Good Will, but helping someone else on B.P. would be great too.

Let me know if you're interested in any of the sizes.

Have a great Sunday!

Fran

Edited by Domika03

I'd like to get in on this thread, just to see where the meetings end up being held. My surgery will be on Tuesday with Dr Chae at St Joe's. I'm a little uncertain about the support group meetings though. I work in Denver but live pretty far east so attending a meeting after work means its very, VERY late by the time I get home. But then I also realize its only one day a month and its doing something for me. Such a struggle!!! :blink:

Anyway, once things get finalized I would love to see if I can make the dates and times work!

Quick reminder about meeting this Saturday at E.B. Rains Park by the boat rentals, in Northglenn at 9am, rain or Shine. If it happens to be raining, let's meet under the Gazebo to the left of the boat rental. I'll post what I'm going to wear, on Friday, so you don't walk up to a random stranger :)

Please let me know if you will be coming, thanks!!!

Edited by Domika03

Hello Fran,

I am looking to lead a support group for the Broomfield and west group. I want to come to your meeting on Saturday but I am unavailable. Please let me know when your next meeting are. Good luck this Saturday and I look forward to hear all about it.

My email is charlotte112@msn.com

Thanks for stepping up to lead a group the Kaiser meetings wasn't was I was looking for and you had introduce this support group and have inspired me to start up a group as well. So again thank you

Charlotte

I would love to be added Fran - arch002@hotmail.com. Would love to find more local support, I am south of Denver so the north group is a bit too far, but great to find me local folks.

If there is enough interest, I would be happy to try to get a south Denver group going.

Hi everyone,

Rather than trying to keep track of this thread, and scrolling up & down all the time, I'd like to create an email blast for those that might be interested in attending future support meetings. I already have a few email addresses, so please send me a private message 'or' include it in this email thread, and I will add you to the list. I will only use your email address for the sole purpose of support group related communication, nothing else. Your email address is private & will not be shared.

As a reminder, I hope to see you tomorrow at E.B. Raines Park in Northglenn at 9am. Let's plan to meet by the main entrance, next to the paddle boat rentals. It's a great little park if you haven't been there yet. It has a very nice pond with lots of ducks & geese. You can rent paddle boats, I think for $4 for 30 minutes. It has a clean park used by all. It has picnic grounds, a great play area, Water spouts for the kiddos to get wet in & an open field to play games. It also has a skate park further in the back (not very visible).

After some introductions, and good conversation, I thought we could take a nice walk around the pond. It'll help you see the area a little better, and give us our morning exercise :)

I will be wearing white capri's & a pink shirt! Look for me by the paddle boat rentals. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Warm Regards,

Fran

I'll be wearing a black and white Trek 2.1 road bike.

Hello!! I'm pre-op and in Kaiser classes now. I've had both shrink appts. but I haven't been contacted by a surgeon yet. I'm still considering the Sleeve and Bypass types. My fears are centered mostly around post op diet near and long term.

I realize the first meeting was just about a week ago, but any plans for the next one?

Hello!! I'm pre-op and in Kaiser classes now. I've had both shrink appts. but I haven't been contacted by a surgeon yet. I'm still considering the Sleeve and Bypass types. My fears are centered mostly around post op diet near and long term.

Where do you live? There are several support groups you can attend including ours? I'm banded so I'm no help with the sleeve or RNY.

I live in south Denver not far from University of Denver.