Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

quote name="Domika03" post="3459213" timestamp="1399070029"]

If anyone is interested, I just created a private support group called Mission Slimpossible on Facebook. I made it private because not every one has told their friends about their WLS, myself included. The purpose is simply to provide support to pre & post op WLS people, similar to this website, but on FB.

Why not just use this website? You could. It's just that some of us are a little more obsessed with FB than we should be (I'm blushing), and access it a lot more than this site (I'm still blushing). No other reason than that really.

It's not just for those of us in Denver, so please feel free to share it with others. I hope to also share recipes, something I seem to be a bit crazed about these days.

Hope to see you there!!!

I would love to participate! Do you have a link? You can find me on fb at https://www.facebook.com/CarreEW1081 if you need an invite.

Thanks!

Here's the link to MissionSlimpossible on Facebook. Hope this works :wacko: Let me know if it doesn't.... thanks!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/686063544773453/

I was unable to get the link to work. Is there another way to find the page?

Pls see the next updated post. I can't seem to DEL this one, only EDIT :(

Edited by Domika03

Pls see the next updated post. I can't seem to DEL this one, only EDIT :(

Edited by Domika03

OK, if you're not already a friend of mine on FB, then you'll need to provide me with your email address so I can send you an invite to the FB Support page, Mission SlimPossible. I can't add you by looking up your name. The private group settings are exactly that, private. The settings say you can only invite someone you're currently not friends with, by email.

Anyone can join this private group, but they have to be added or invited by a member. Who would have thought this would be so complicated. Yipes!

Can you add me please?

Kyrasmom2002@hotmail.com

Added you ColoradoGirl80 :)

Facebook hates me Fran! I got your invite but am getting this message now. Ugh!!!

"The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

Hi there! I would love to participate in a support group. Dr. Husain is my surgeon as well. :-). I am unable to make it to the support groups at good Sam because I don't get off work in time.

Can I also be added to your Facebook group?

Hanleyrenee@yahoo.com

Hello! I am a total newbie here, just getting started in the process. I have 20 lbs to lose to be at the right BMI for surgery with Kaiser and Dr. Hussein. I am in the Denver/Aurora area and am both scare and excited for this journey. It helps so much to see people from Colorado who are going on this journey also.

I would love to join the Facebook group and be able to communicate with more people in the area!!

COGirl - I tried to re-add you but it says you were already invited. Maybe it was a temp thing with FB? Try again later because I'm seeing a few posts from other people. :( If that still doesn't work, send me a friend request on FB (Fran Catalan Porter), and I'll accept & add you to the group that way. We can always unfriend each other on FB, for privacy if you'd like after that (your call). Let's trick the system ;)

Lastchancerenee - I added you too. Have my meeting with the church tomorrow so we'll see how it goes. I will try to make these meetings at 6pm so it allows people time to get out of work.

Sbell35 - Welcome! Give me your email address & I'll send you an invite to the FB page. It's OK to be nervous. We all felt that way. But, you can do it & we'll be there to give you moral support! Hopefully, we'll be able to get a group started here in the next few weeks. Stay tuned!

Edited by Domika03

Fran,

Can you send me an invite to amharrison80@gmail.com please? Thank you!

Thank you so much! My email is sbellante@gmail.com

I guess I was wrong about how much I had to lose, I just got the call to schedule my 6 weeks of classes!! Yay and Yikes!

This sounds great! I live in Broomfield and would love a local support group. My surgeon is in Fort Collins- a little far for me. I am 2 weeks post op with VSG. Keep me posted. Thanks!