Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I finally got my insurance approval this week and my surgery is scheduled for May 20. If seems SO far away but hoping the time will fly by. I've been trying to adapt my diet to more like it will need to be post-op but find myself eating horribly about once a week. I think it's the food funerals starting. I did really well during the week and had lost 2 pounds this week and then last night after work ate whatever I wanted (it wasn't good). Are others going they this same struggle?

Would love to find people who are anxiously awaiting their May surgery dates and be here to provide support for each other as we start this journey to change our lives!

Hello everyone !!

I am scheduled for May 19th ! My nasty Lap- Band will be removed April 14th and my Dr requires a 5-6 week healing time in between procedures. Like most- I am very excited and very nervous at the same time. I am so grateful to have find this site- the support and encouragement is amazing !!

I finally got my insurance approval this week and my surgery is scheduled for May 20. If seems SO far away but hoping the time will fly by. I've been trying to adapt my diet to more like it will need to be post-op but find myself eating horribly about once a week. I think it's the food funerals starting. I did really well during the week and had lost 2 pounds this week and then last night after work ate whatever I wanted (it wasn't good). Are others going they this same struggle?

Would love to find people who are anxiously awaiting their May surgery dates and be here to provide support for each other as we start this journey to change our lives!

I am having food funerals big time. I've gained four pounds or so. I can't stand this waiting. I have to start my 2 week pre-op diet on April 30 and I'm ready to get this party started.

Mines May 5th. I'm hoping my surgeon doesn't have any margaritas before my surgery since its Cinco De mayo. lol PLUS its also 2 days before MY BIRTHDAY! So happy bday to me. Im just really neverous and scared. :/

Mines May 5th. I'm hoping my surgeon doesn't have any margaritas before my surgery since its Cinco De mayo. lol PLUS its also 2 days before MY BIRTHDAY! So happy bday to me. Im just really neverous and scared. :/

Mine is on the 13th and I'm superstitious, but not enough to change the date. :) My birthday is on the 28th so getting sleeved will be the best birthday present ever.

Happy early Birthday !

What a great b'day gift.

Since you are having surgery early May- keep us posted on your experiences so those of us that will be later in the month can get a first hand account of what to expect ....

I know what you mean about the nervous/excited feeling.

I'm hoping to be sleeved in may also. I finished my nutritional visits and my psych visits and now they have to just send all the paperwork to my surgeon who then has to get the insurance approval. In the three months that I had my nutritional visits I lost 20 pounds which was great. But now I have the mentality that I'm done seeing the nutritionist so at times I do go off and eat whatever I want. I've been feeling guilty and I go back to drinking my Protein Shakes and watching what I'm eating but I can see that I do need the surgery because I do gorge sometimes on food. If you have your one bad day just remember to get back on track the next day as long as you get back on track. Good luck to everyone I'm sure you all do great.

Oh I will keep u guys updated.

Hi everyone I am scheduled for may 7th. I get weighed April 22 and that's when everything gets submitted. I'm having food funeral ugh. I have lost 10 pounds the weight I'm soossed to and I also start my two week liquid diet on the 22 nd. I'm 5'3 starting weight 240 current 230 size 18/20. Bmi 40. I'm in Syracuse Ny. I joined the sassy sleevers on Facebook.< /p>

Hi everyone I am scheduled for may 7th. I get weighed April 22 and that's when everything gets submitted. I'm having food funeral ugh. I have lost 10 pounds the weight I'm soossed to and I also start my two week liquid diet on the 22 nd. I'm 5'3 starting weight 240 current 230 size 18/20. Bmi 40. I'm in Syracuse Ny. I joined the sassy sleevers on Facebook.< /p>

ur having surgery on my birthday. :)

I'm most likely having a May surgery. Just had my dietician appt and psych eval this past week.......glad thats over! Next up.......Thursday I have to attend a support group and then I get to see the surgeon and hopefully schedule surgery :) Excited but nervous.. :/

So glad to hear I'm not the only one struggling to stay on track pre- op. I actually am looking forward to my 2 week liquid diet so I am forced to stay on track. Obviously the sleeve is a much needed tool for me. Thanks to everyone who has posted - let's all keep this going and support each other through this!!

My surgeon does not require a pre op liquid diet. I have to do a low carb, low fat 2 week pre op diet instead. Which sounds like heaven compared to liquid, lol.