Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, just checking in! My surgery was on yesterday. Today is much better than yesterday. I'm up & walking around. Surgeon ordered me Tylenol as a pain reliever. I had to beg for something stronger. Finally got Dilaudid. My husband was definitely upset about that. But, even through that experience, I don't feel any regrets.

Congrats on your journey! Good to hear everything went well for you!! Can't wait to finally say I am on the other side. Only 13 more days!

I had the same drug you did only twice and it did the trick. On day two post op switched to tylenol and doing good. Only you and your surgeon know what you need. I found it gets better once it gets moving and walking the halls helped.

My surgery was Saturday. Was up and walking on Sunday with paracetamol as my pain killer. Feeling much better today as drain has come out. Just waiting to pass wind before being discharged!

Congrats on your surgery! My surgery was on March 24th and I was in a bit of pain that day, with all the air they fill you up with. My surgeon had me up walking within 4 hours of getting out of surgery. I found that the more I walked the less pain I was in. I was on Tylenol with Codeine for pain and it worked wonders. I wish you the best of luck and can definitely say the best advice is to stay moving!

Had my surgery this morning, so now I can be on the losers bench. I'm still in the hospital, waiting for my nurse to get me up to walk, this gas is really my only pain right now. I've been sipping Water and eating ice chips. So far so good.

My surgeon sent me home with effervescent paracetamol for the pain and I just can't drink it!! I have sins liquid codeine but I'm afraid it will bind me up. Any tricks?

10 days post op and 10 pounds down. A total of 40 with pre op liver diet. Can't wait to eat eggs. Going to a local farmers market and buying the freshest eggs I can possibly find for Saturday morning!!

Had my surgery on the 9th. Since then I have had pretty much no pain at all! However, I am having problems getting in my liquids and am consuming very little Protein daily. I just feel like I can't tolerate the protein?!? Has anyone else had problems with getting in protein?

Glad to finally be in the, post OP group. My surgery was April 15. I feel good all things considered. I think i get to go home today

I have not been on a computer to check in on our April 2014 Bypass Support Group. It's ver disappointing that we can access it on the phone apps.

My surgery was 4/15@3pm. I was released 4/16 @ 7pm. I could not have spent another night as there were very loud non- Bariatric patients on out hall. That being said, yesterday was a bit rough with only Tylenol.

Just got through my first 3 oz of Protein. Yuck. Grape Isopure. I got it down but it was not good.

sleeping great in my recliner. Some back pain and very stuff/sore in my lower right stomach.

Brushing at 3 of my incision sites is frightful.

My surgery was 4/16... Finally home!!! Really sore in my left side... Hoping to get some relief SOON. hope everyone is doing well.

Preop 276

Sw. 260

Hi ladies sorry that your hospital experience was so bad. My surgery was April 15. I spent 2 nights in the hospital on a surgical floor. It was actually relaxing. I couldn't have come home a day earlier. The pain was too great. I am still very sore on my left side ( i have 2 drains & 3 Ports), but this reclining sofa has been a good investment

Hi everyone I had my procedure April 9, I was wondering why I couldn't get on the group for support. Glad I found you here. Happy losing

Hi ladies sorry that your hospital experience was so bad. My surgery was April 15. I spent 2 nights in the hospital on a surgical floor. It was actually relaxing. I couldn't have come home a day earlier. The pain was too great. I am still very sore on my left side ( i have 2 drains & 3 Ports), but this reclining sofa has been a good investment

I agree about the recliner. I've been in mine the last 3 nights, although I'm making the move up stairs tonight. My back and neck are starting to hurt. I'm a stomach/side sleeper so the bed at this point is not my favorite place.

I'm very sore on my right side which seems weird because my left side is bruised beyond recognition. It's obvious those are the 2 "work" incisions but they don't hurt. I don't have any driving or ports. I think my right side pain is gas in and around my large intestines. I have a little gas in my left shoulder today too. I'm hoping to get. 30 minutes seated massage today. Doesn't that sound awesome?!!!!