Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow. Your daughter is blessed. Luckily, so am I. I told my mom I was approved. She is a retired hospital dietition and I knew she would not be thrilled. Over the years she mentioned my weight and watching my food but in love, not guilt or meanness. She wanted to know if I was sure and if I knew what all it would take. I know she is worried but like always, I know she will be there. I love her so. I'm 40+ and we only have each other. I guess I'm blessed too. :)

Crikey, I wish I had a mum like you!

If my mum found out I'd had this surgery?

She'd kill me on principle! :blink:

This site is wonderful! :D My daughter is a member, she was told about this site by her surgon's office. I joined to support her in her journey. I have watched her struggle and support her decision to have WLS to the point I am probably driving her crazy! She is my "baby girl" even though she will be 28 this year. I will begin by saying, she lives in NY... I live in Michigan, and even though we don't live close together, we are very close. My daughter and her brothers are my life and I have always tried to support their choices even if I don't nessesarily agree with them. That being said... I believe my daughter will succeed with the tool of the sleeve. She has struggled and has made her mind up that this is what she wants to do, so I will do whatever it takes to make sure she has as much support as she needs. I have read your stories, struggles, complications, and successes... I have smiled, laughed, and shed a couple tears for you all !! Do I have concerns when it comes to my daughter and this surgery...OH yes! I worry, but she is doing everything she needs to so she is ready for this milestone in her life. I have done so much research you would think it was me having the surgery. LOL There are risks in everything we do in life. This surgery may be a risk as is any surgery, but I believe this may just save her life and give her the "boost" she needs and deserves. She is a very beautiful woman, and has a heart of gold. After she has this surgery she will be Beautiful and Healthy! It will be a hard road, and I am sure she knows that, but knowing she has this site and people that have gone through it or will go through it with her makes all the difference! I will always be here for her and support her in any way I can, but I do not personally know what she will endure in this journey, so I am thankful she has you to encourage and answer any questions she might have. Thank you all for "listening" to my ramblings. ;)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORDS.... I last my mother right before my journey started and it has been a struggle.... Not only with her passing but doing this journey without her... She was my best friend........ But reading ur words right now just gave me some sort of closure ........ I know my mother would have done the same but reading them from a mother made me feel it even more.............. I love this site.... You came on here for help for your daughter but you also helped my mothers daughter... Thank you.. ❤️????????????????????

Supportive family is important no matter what. Like healthynewme I am middle aged with elderly parents. I'm visiting them now as a matter of fact. They are quite reserved when it comes to compliments but late one night dad told me how proud he and mom are that I took back my life and got healthier. Its always good to hear of others with supportive family members. Welcome to the forum.

Thank you all... :)

Well the days are getting closer... my beautiful daughter will be having her Gastric sleeve in July!!! She has been making better food choices and excercising to get her body ready for this. Have I told y'all how proud I am of her?? !

Although she has lost some weight to prepare, I believe she needs this surgery for the long haul. I am nervous but at the same time excited for her.

For those of you that do not have your mothers around, I would be happy to step in and offer my support for you as only a mother can do. Kind of like a Community Mom.. ;) :D

This has totally brought tears (good ones) to my eyes. ;) It is so cool that you are so supportive of your daughter and you totally remind me of my Mom. We are separated by a much smaller distance than you and your daughter, and I miss her so much.

Just know that your daughter will so love how much support you are giving her, no matter what the distance, and it will give her strength and courage to keep going in the right direction.

Awesome post! ^_^

Thank you all for the kind replies... <3

My "baby girl's" surgery is tomorrow, and I feel like a terrible mother for not being in NY with her. :( She says she is fine, she has several people there for her and will be fine... but I still feel terrible. I am so proud of her strength it's unbelievable.

Her Aunts will be calling me when she gets out of surgery, and when she feels up to it, she will call me herself. I am asking for prayers (from those of you that believe in prayer) that everything goes well and she has no complications.

I thank you all for all the wonderful information provided on this site, she (and I) have learned so much, and have a majority of her/our questions answered just by reading. :D

Prayers and good thoughts will be pouring your daughter's way, and yours. You may not see it, but you are a wonderful ambassador to all family and friends of WLS folks. Your example could really teach a powerful lesson to those who are less than supportive of weight loss surgery patients' choices. Thanks for being that light in the darkness for your daughter--it will spread out like ripples in a pond, of that I am sure!
Can't wait to see your babygirl on the Losers' Bench with so many of us!

*UPDATE*

:D She did it!! OMG! you wouldn't believe what a mess I have been!

She was told to be at the hospital @ 11;15 yesterday morning, they finally took her back to prep around 1pm.. I hadn't heard anything by 3 so started texting my youngest son for any news, he hadn't heard anything, so here I am in Michigan, my only daughter in NY and NO-ONE can tell me anything!! I was a mess! :wacko:

Finally got a call around 6:30pm that she was out of surgery and in recovery *whew* (had a hernia repair also)

Recieved a call from her this morning, she was in recovery until around 1am, she was feeling like she might vomit, so they kept an eye on her until the feeling passed. She has been up and walking.and sounds good. She's sore, but feeling good. :)

What a strong woman my daughter is! Love her with all that I have! Now I can breathe better knowing she is ok.

Her leak test is today, and will probably be discharged tomorrow.

Thanks for "listening" :P

Yes i made trough it all and feel good just sore and sleepy but i have been up walking.

Many many congratulations!

Here's hoping for a very speedy recovery - for both you and your Mum!

All the best and keep us updated!

:) x

Welcome to the other side.......... It will be a roller coaster but just stick to the plan and you will do great...... Remember this is a journey but a good one....... Dealing with my head hunger was a harder issue

thank you i am happy to be on the other side now. i have been up walking a lot which is helping.

<p>*UPDATE*</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p> :D&nbsp;She did it!! OMG! you wouldn't believe what a mess I have been!</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>She was told to be at the hospital @ 11;15 yesterday morning, they finally took her back to prep around 1pm.. I hadn't heard anything by 3 so started texting my youngest son for any news, he hadn't heard anything, so here I am in Michigan, my only daughter in NY and NO-ONE can tell me anything!!&nbsp; I was a mess! :wacko:</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>Finally got a call around 6:30pm that she was out of surgery and in recovery *whew* (had a hernia repair also)</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>Recieved a call&nbsp;from her this morning, she was in recovery until around 1am, she was feeling like she might vomit, so they kept an eye on her until the feeling passed.&nbsp; She has been up and walking.and sounds good. She's sore, but feeling good. :)</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>What a strong woman my daughter is! Love her with all that I have! Now I can breathe better knowing she is ok.</p>

<p>Her leak test is today, and will probably be discharged tomorrow.</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>Thanks for "listening" :P</p>

5/14-16

Congratulations to your daughter! My husband was sleeved July 7 (also had a hernia repair while they were in there) and I felt the same panic while waiting at the hospital. She can do this, and you can be an awsome support from afar!