Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fear that I won't lose weight...

This may sound strange, but I had my rny less than 2 weeks ago, March 13. I lost about 15 pounds from the day before surgery until the end of the week on full liquids. I'm on puréed food now and haven't lost anymore weight. I still feel hungry and often. And not like head hunger- my stomach actually growls! I have no nausea with anything and I rarely feel full. I'm worried my pouch is too big and I'm never going to lose weight. Am I alone, because I see so much success and so many people saying they are never hungry for months. Ahhhh! I'm hungry! I am following my diet perfectly as well, though it's tempting at times to eat more. I get plenty of Protein. What's wrong with me!?!?

This may sound strange, but I had my rny less than 2 weeks ago, March 13. I lost about 15 pounds from the day before surgery until the end of the week on full liquids. I'm on puréed food now and haven't lost anymore weight. I still feel hungry and often. And not like head hunger- my stomach actually growls! I have no nausea with anything and I rarely feel full. I'm worried my pouch is too big and I'm never going to lose weight. Am I alone, because I see so much success and so many people saying they are never hungry for months. Ahhhh! I'm hungry! I am following my diet perfectly as well, though it's tempting at times to eat more. I get plenty of Protein. What's wrong with me!?!?

I am going on my second week I lost 14 and feel stuck, I hear you.

I'm sorry you are also feeling like this as well. It's very depressing! I feel like I'm going to be the only person who had this surgery and is still hungry and won't lose weight!! Gah!

Actually I don't get hungry, and I have thrown up a couple of times. I kinda have to make myself eat some broth or pudding, drinking fluids as well I am afraid of getting sick oh and lately I get headaches.

Im 3 weeks out. I didn't loose a single pound for over a week starting at about 10 days out. A stall is normal. I feel hungry sometimes too. Make sure you're getting enough Water, that will help with the hunger. In another week when you're healed more and you're eating more solid food you'll start feeling full easier. It's only been in the last couple of days that I've really started feeling it.

I've not stepped on the scale yet since my 3-18 surgery, I've heard that during your hospital stay you will actually gain upwards of 10pds due to Water weight. The growling you hear is more likely to be gas in your intestines, I hear it usually about 1/2 an hour after I eat, so I know I'm not hungry. Make sure your getting in all your Proteins and fluids and try to stay away from the scale for a week, you're probably at a stall and you'll make yourself nuts. Relax, your body is adjusting and needs time to heal and figure itself out. Good luck.

At 3 weeks I hit a plateau and it lasted 3 weeks!!!!! Then for no reason I started to lose 1/2 to a pound a day again. 28# since 2-4. The plateaus are normal and will pass, keep doing what the MD told you to do and you will lose again, honest!!!

Thanks so much everyone. Sometimes just hearing (or reading) these things from others relaxes you. You have made my day and I appreciate that. Looking on the bright side today.

I had my surgery on 3/17 and I'm having a really hard time too. The scale shows I've lost 10lbs but I don't see it. I'm having more of a hard time with with the mental aspect of the surgery. I start eating and in full already, I don't want to stop!! But I know I have too. Cravings are awful and I have a family here still eating around me and it's like torture! Please tell me this will get easier. They say once u see the numbers going down it will but I don't feel the happiness yet. This week I get to start eating solid foods I'm hoping this helps!

I try to eat before the rest of my family has dinner, that way I don't feel like I'm missing out. Since I'm eating every 3 hours, it's easy to do now. I finally stepped on the scale and I'm down 20 since 2 weeks before surgery when I started the Meal Replacement shakes. I have my first post-op appt on Tuesday, that's going to be my next "scale" date. I'm so trying to not be obsessed by it. I know I'll have stalls so I figure if I can break my habit of weighing every day I won't make my self crazy. I can say that by eating food and not drinking it, I do feel more satisfied, it's probably a mind game, but it's working.

I was at such a standstill and thought i would never lose any weight. Everyone was saying how big their clothes were getting and i was stalled. Then all of a sudden i started losing. What a great

feeling. Hang in there.... it will happen. I didnt believe it either. Oh and my stomach growls all the time. Couldnt wait to get past Protein Shakes.

Good Luck

Edited by Queenfreak

I felt (and still feel) exactly the same way. There was huge excitement before the surgery because of the imminent weight loss but once I had surgery (April 5) I felt like there was no way that I would drop weight and that I was meant to be big all my life. I think it's our brains playing tricks on us...and us being hard in ourselves and not letting us enjoy the reality that we WILL lose and WILL be successful. I've lost 30 pre op and 10 in 10 days after surgery. Even though I had this loss, I'm still convinced its not going anywhere. Strange feeling hon, but I'm with you 100%.