Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MY surgery was 2-26-14. I felt like everything was going great till I started puréed food. I got bad stomach pains and called the doc. He said I must not be ready for puréed and to go back to liquids. The pain finally went away after two hours. Thursday I got severe pains and was throwing up. It was in the evening so I got an on call doctor who said give it an hour and see how you feel, that was about 6 pm. At 2am I went to the hospital in my town cause I couldn't stop throwing up, and my stomach was empty so that made it worse. After a cats an they found out I had a hernia and rushed me by ambulance to the next big town to have emergency surgery. My doctor came in and popped the hernia back in. He said he hated to do surgery so soon cause I'm still swollen. Today I noticed my belly is swollen and hard again, no pain but whose to say it won't hit at anytime. Has anyone else gotten a hernia after surgery? I had the RNY. I'm just so scared to go through another surgery and also not being able to eat anything but liquids.

I had my surgery in 2006 and it was about a year after my surgery I had emergency surgery for a hernia. I've heard it's fairly commen but im able to eat regular food now and havent had an issue since. I hope that lessens your worry about being able to eat normal food again. Good luck

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches